Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenswork Folios

Re: Lenswork Folios

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post

A couple of things have been finalized - sizes and prices. The 8x10 size will be $3 and the 11x14 size will be $3.25.
    Are we definitely talking 8x10 now and not 8.5 x 11 ? If so I'd be interested in joining the UK contingent for a single consignment.

Rob

Rob,

Yes, it's 8x10 that I am going with. I figured that would benefit both analog and digital printers. There's one other reason for going with that size (specially for anyone using an inkjet ptinter). And I got this info from Brooks Jensen, who I might add has been nothing but helpful and generous with his time and input. He mentioned that he went with a smaller size than the standard 8.5x11 because there are times when the paper doesn't go through the printer exactly straight. This gives him the chance to trim.

So, if you are interested, let me know asap. Thanks. Jim

e mail sent.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

PM sent.

Monty McCutchen,

Got your pm and your order is all set. Tried to pm you back but your mailbox is full so I hope you see this message. Jim

Zebra

Thank you Jim! Let me know when to pay up!!!!

my pm is now open, thanks for the heads up!

best,

Monty

Hi Jim - Great idea - I hope I'm not to late. Sending PM now with quantities & address.
    Craig McCormick
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Jim,

Sent you a PM last week with quantities, hope you got it.

Eric

Hopefully everyone who has contacted me has received a reply. The response has been quite amazing, so I wouldn't be surprise if I did not get back to a few of you. If for some reason you are concerned that I didn't contact you, please email me directly at jimbecia at aol.com. And I'll doublecheck my list to make sure you are on it. Thanks everyone. Jim Becia

Folio Update

Just wanted to keep everyone informed. I meet this Wednesday with my "designer" who is laying out the templates for the two sizes of the folios. Once that is done and everything is correct, it's just a matter of getting the info to the production company.

In case anyone has come late to the thread and they think it's too late to order, it really isn't. Due to the fact that the paper order was well above the number needed, they will certainly be some overrun. So anyone still wanting some can contact me.

On a different note and maybe this should be a separate thread. I'm giving some thought to another size or two. My first inclination is for something in a panoramic size. However, the number of us shooting a panorama type format may not be enough to justify a run. Another thought would be a size larger than the 11x14. I have done some quick sketching and a 16x20 gets to be problematic due to the cover stock size. Is there a size in between that would make sense? Let me know what you think. Thanks. Jim