Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CS4 issues and forums?

Re: CS4 issues and forums?

I'm running CS4 on XP Pro SP3 and I haven't had a single problem; running like a charm.

I wrote a reply and lost it. Bottom lines:

(1) dont't be afraid of Vista 64. It's good, on a new machine.
    (2) Photoshop CS$ has problems and Adobe knows it.

(3) Some are being fixed. http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2009/02...p_cs4_u_1.html

(4) Some are not being fixed, until CS5. http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/12...ller_mgmt.html

This is my favorite, and it's not being fixed:

[I've confirmed that there's an installer bug that causes Adobe Drive to be installed on Win64 systems regardless of whether you've unchecked that option. --J.]

[No, nor do I expect it to be changed in CS4. --J.]

Cool Re: CS4 issues and forums?

I was able to get CS4 upgrade from CS2 plus LR2 in a package deal. I have not installed CS4 on my G5 Mac-my computer geek tells me it won't run as fast on a single processor Mac. (?),

I agree about the continual upgrading- Adobe told me they plan an upgrade every 18 months.

Makes wet darkroom look really inviting.

Quote Originally Posted by David Spivak-Focus Magazine View Post
    MAC or PC? If it's PC, blame your OS. Vista is the absolute worst OS since Windows 98 and I actually think it's worse. Sometimes I think it might be worth it to pay double the price of a fully loaded hp to get a bare bottom MAC with all of the time and headaches it causes me. CS4 took a week of almost completely re-programming my computer for CS4 and several days on the phone with Adobe tech support and I'm still having problems nearly 90 days later. I had NO problems with CS3 whatsoever.
    Strange, I've had Vista for only a short time - a couple weeks - but my wife has had it for over a year. Neither of us has had the first problem with it once we downloaded the various updates some of our programs required to work with 64 bit.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.