Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CS4 issues and forums?

CS4 issues and forums?

I am having quite a few problems with PS CS4 which I recently installed. What is the best forum for PS issues where you get real answers from knowledgeable people?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

Re: CS4 issues and forums?

Adobe has forums on their site, I believe. If not, the FredMiranda forums have quite a few knowledgeable folks there.

There is some discussion regarding CS4 issues on the Adobe forums.
    http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbf2764/

I've had quite a few problems with CS4 as of late as well. I'm actually thinking of un-installing all of it and re-installing CS3 - which was much more stable.

I'm afraid to uninstall CS3 until I get the bugs fixed in CS4. I love the new features in CS4 but am having constant crashes, "Photoshop needs to close"............
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I'm afraid to uninstall CS3 until I get the bugs fixed in CS4. I love the new features in CS4 but am having constant crashes, "Photoshop needs to close"............
    MAC or PC? If it's PC, blame your OS. Vista is the absolute worst OS since Windows 98 and I actually think it's worse. Sometimes I think it might be worth it to pay double the price of a fully loaded hp to get a bare bottom MAC with all of the time and headaches it causes me. CS4 took a week of almost completely re-programming my computer for CS4 and several days on the phone with Adobe tech support and I'm still having problems nearly 90 days later. I had NO problems with CS3 whatsoever.

I use both Macs and PCs. On this one, my main editing computer, I am still using XP. I was always afraid to upgrade to Vista from all the awful reports.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

Looks like Adobe is working on a solution to Photoshop CS 4 problems. They are asking for volunteers to try out a beta fix/patch. I am glad I drug my feet and did not upgrade right away. It would be nice to have the new features in CS 4, but only if the program is stable.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7882c

I am running CS4 on Vista (both 32 and 64 bit) with absolutely no problems, to date, whatsoever (three months now. Maybe I am just fortunate. I have had absolutely no crashes. I am running 12 gigs of ram on my dual quad core 64 bit system and 2 gigs of ram on my dual core 32 bit install.

I am running video editing and composting with After Effects CS4 in addition to Photoshop CS4 and that would seem to be more taxing than Photoshop alone by several orders of magnitude.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hopson View Post
    Looks like Adobe is working on a solution to Photoshop CS 4 problems. They are asking for volunteers to try out a beta fix/patch. I am glad I drug my feet and did not upgrade right away. It would be nice to have the new features in CS 4, but only if the program is stable.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7882c
    I don't know if that patch will help Kirk or not. Many people have experienced "performance" problems in that CS4 runs slow. I think that is the fix Adobe is working on. I haven't heard many cases where CS4 crashes.

I think Kirk's best route would be to submit a case to the Adobe Support team at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/suppor...n_us&loc=en_us