Thread: Hi from Stuttgart

Hi from Stuttgart

Hello everybody,
    I just joined the forum and hope to stay here for quite a while as I am very close to the step of starting my LF experience. Educated as an architect I run my own office since 5 years now and moved from architecture closer to graphic arts in close relation to architecture, meaning that we do everything but building buildings. This includes graphical signage systems, exhibitions, publications, books, trade fair stands, color concepts..... and so on. To get an impression you might want to have a look at my website.

A huge part of our work is photography, ranging from architectural photos to product photography. And here is the rising connection to the large format issue...
    Currently I am using a Canon 1Ds MKII which does a good job, sometimes renting the appropriate lenses like tilt and shift for the jobs. But I really dont like if the equipment has so many restrictions already when you are just at the starting point of creativity.

I am looking into buying a brandnew Arca Swiss M-Line camera which would allow to keep costs at a sufferable level by using the 1Ds MKII instead of a digital back but which would also allow due to the modular design to attach a digital back once the time has come.

So far for the moment,
    Frank

Re: Hi from Stuttgart

Welcome! Just wanted to welcome you. Digital backs on VCs are not my area of expertise, but I'm sure you will get some help here.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Re: Hi from Stuttgart

Frank, thanks for looking in and joining us. Here you will find many enthusiastic people with a wealth of knowledge and unselfishly willing to share their know how. But we have ulterior motives in that the more LF practitioners we can attract the better we can keep our equipment and supplies available.

Best regards,

Nate Potter, Austin TX.