Thread: Please Help epson 7600

Please Help epson 7600

Yup I did it. I was doing (extra) cleaning in side my epson 7600 and when I turned the machine on the printer head carriage went back to far to the right. I got a error message of (00010005). I have a pdf. file of the complete service manual. It tells what may of happened. Dirty this dirty that, to long of a pulse. It tells how to take apart the whole cover of the machine to either put a new motor in or maybe clean.

Is there a way right now to somehow free up the carriage with out taking any covers off? I pressed down on the lever on the cutter housing, but the carriage still won't move. Seems like one end may be off the track or something is stopping it from moving. When I press the lever at the cutting blade the carriage will only move ahead eight of an inch before stopping and hitting against something.

I screwed up by poking a mixture of cleaning fluid with a paper towel under the print head carriage. Must of pushed something there. Man!!!! Please some help. thanks, Jim

Re: Please Help epson 7600

Quote Originally Posted by jim 76 View Post
    Is there a way right now to somehow free up the carriage with out taking any covers off? I pressed down on the lever on the cutter housing, but the carriage still won't move. Seems like one end may be off the track or something is stopping it from moving. When I press the lever at the cutting blade the carriage will only move ahead eight of an inch before stopping and hitting against something.
    You probably have some paper under the head, stuck there... It should be something right at the left edge. And don't worry about taking the cover off. The tech I used had me take it off and leave it off. That way I could replace the dampers as needed...

Of course, that said, i don't thin it will help you to take the cover off. Given what you say, it's likely at the left edge...

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Hello Lenny,
    Thanks for the info. After I posted my knuckle head goof up to this forum. I just could not hold on for an answer. I did take off the right hand cover, and maybe some lint or very small microscopic paper towel fell (I can't find it)some where. Any way it's working again. What I'm trying to do is, trying to open up the two cyans and black ink lines. Man I can not get them to print. I'm do for a new set of carts anyway. I think I'll just make up some cleaning fluid and purge the whole thing. Thanks again

Michael W

Some Epson 7600 owners have had success unclogging heads by simply soaking the parking pad and letting the head sit for days/weeks while the water soaks in. See this thread:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ght=epson+7600

Join the yahoo group EpsonWideFormat and search the archives. You aren't the first one to have this happen. If it's possible to happen to an Epson wide format printer, it's been discussed on the yahoo group. Probably many times.

Bruce Watson