Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off to Brazil - see y'all later!

Re: Off to Brazil - see y'all later!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can't carry that in my hand luggage! I also can't afford enough 5x4 sheet film for two weeks

Maybe next time!
    If you wanted to take some Velvia have you seen the offers for out of date and short-dated film on http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/ - I just bought a batch at £5 per box.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Forget the freaking cameras, just bring Penicillin, Trojans, and Sunscreen!
    LMFAO!

Yes, I expect to see large format thongs! Carnaval is just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by SamReeves View Post
    LMFAO!

Yes, I expect to see large format thongs! Carnaval is just around the corner.
    i should think smaller format thongs

I HATE you... I wish I could go.

One of these days I'll drive all the way from Vancouver to Bolivia...and back, with a trunk full of 8x10 film and John Fee the navigator riding shotgun. Hey John, your navigation system works down there too, right?

Good luck on your trip and be sure to share you photos with us, eh!

Definitely wish I was going, since it is summer there. I'm curious on your RF645, since I have lately considered getting one. Do you feel it is a good choice for people/lifestyle images with just the 65mm on it? Thanks!

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Ooooooh man I love it here. Sao Paulo was crazy, only one incident where some kid wanted to steal my camera.

Being a gringo means I'm staying right beside the wonderful friend of mine, as she speaks fluent portuguese (as you'd expect from a native). She'd never been to Sao Paulo before either so we had the assistance of friends of hers.

Currently just outside of Londrina in a small town. 3pm and the heat is still enough to make me sweat - English boy in Brazil, what can you expect? 1/125 f/8 at 100iso - in the uk in summer we're lucky to get that at midday!

The RF645 is a perfect carry around camera - as big as a DSLR, and with full manual and full automatic, can't beat it in my opinion. Although the lens is wide for some shooting, portraits at 1 meter (closest focus) are nice head and shoulders. I'll share photos once all the 220 fuji I'm shooting has been developed in the UK.

I've got the Calypso but forgot the damned underwater meter!!! I'll probably seal my sekonic flash meter in a food bag and submerge it momentarily! We're heading to the beach in a couple days for a fair while. Either a cheap hotel or camping. Then it's back to Sao Paulo (so we'll have moved in a triangle shape across the south east).

The country as I see it has rustic beauty - graffiti everywhere, bright colours and guys sleeping on the street.

If only I spoke portuguese.

I bet somebody with some experience could tell you how many stops to compensate. Just open up 8-9 stops over typical British water.

inverse square, one stop per 3 feet according to someone on another forum I was chatting to

sorry frank - on facebook i got the time wrong because this is an english pc transported from the uk, so the time is stil GMT, it's 3:40pm now, not 5:40pm

A friend over here has introduced me to cerveja na bundinha...tasteless name

it's crazy down here. hot as hell... but sweet.
    new year's eve made for the best parties in the planet.