Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you go for E6 in the UK

Where do you go for E6 in the UK

So many labs have either stopped processing E6 or have closed down in the UK that I thought it was about time we had a thread on where you go for your processing. How much do you pay for a sheet of E6 5x4..only 5x4 to keep it simple.. and what you think of the quality of the process/service etc. I'll start:
    Genesis Imaging in Fulham, London.
    www.genesis-digital.net
    £3.60 ex vat per 5x4
    The process is constant and the staff great.
    Andy
    'Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid' John Wayne

Re: Where do you go for E6 in the UK

Peak Imaging £2.00 for 5x4, £3.04 inc VAT for 8x10! discounts for volume 5+ 10+ 25+

http://www.peak-imaging.com/htmls/process.htm

Excellent service and fast turnaround - way less dust than most walk in labs I've visited.

Leach Colour, Huddersfield http://www.leachcolour.com/

4x5 : 1 - £1.73, 2 - £1.62, 5 - £1.52, 10 - £1.40, 20+ - £1.30

8x10 : 1 - £3.03, 2 - £2.70, 5 - £2.60, 10 - £2.27, 20+ - £1.73

All prices plus VAT.

Joanna,

Today Leach have announced that they are pulling out of developing, http://www.ephotozine.com/article/One-Vision-Imaging and transferring all their lab business to "One Vision Imaging".

Jonathan

Edited to say that the press release suggests that the processing will be done at One Vision's facility, and it does say "....many cases can offer more competitive pricing" so hopefully they will still process LF at a reasonable price. I've settled on using Peak and as BennehBoy says the results are very clean.

Edited again to say I've just had a look at the One Vision website which says they process up to MF - hopefully the LF kit will get transferred?

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanPerkins View Post
    Today Leach have announced that they are pulling out of developing ... and transferring all their lab business to "One Vision Imaging".
    Oh great!!! So much for the Tearoom Appreciation Sub-committee meetings whilst the film was being processed

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanPerkins View Post
    Edited again to say I've just had a look at the One Vision website which says they process up to MF - hopefully the LF kit will get transferred?
    Well, looking at the One Vision prices for 120, it looks like I too will be transferring to Peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Carter View Post
    ... looking at the One Vision prices for 120 ...
    Just confirmed that OneVision will not be taking over the sheet film side of things, so I will definitely be changing to Peak.

But Peak doesn't do 5x7 size…

Quote Originally Posted by George Hart View Post
    But Peak doesn't do 5x7 size…
    As far as I know, the hangers that normally take two 4x5 sheets, side by side, can take one 5x7 on its side.

Have used BPD Phototech (www.bpdphotech.com) since 2002 after recommendation from Joe C, have always been impressed with the quality and service - currently £2.50 inc VAT per 5x4 sheet.

I have recently been given to understand that Joe himself currently uses NPS Media in Middlesborough (www.npsmedia.com) - £2.05 ex VAT per 5x4 sheet, so may try them for my next batch given the obvious saving.
    Last edited by RJC; 9-Jan-2009 at 12:33. Reason: inc/ex VAT error

Quote Originally Posted by RJC View Post
    Have used BPD Phototech
    BPD do not do their own E6 processing; they farm it out. They used to use Pro2Col in Manchester until they closed, then they used Leach.

But when I phoned them today, they said that they were now using MPS in Liverpool.

Now I don't know what the quality is like at MPS now but, about three or four years ago, I had a very bad experience with them when they fogged six unrepeatable shots. At that time, they were not processing E6 regularly and were having to start the machine when they got any film in, God knows what the soup was like, having been left for, possibly, days between sessions.

Since I only live about 25 mile from MPS, I will go in to them on Monday and see if things have changed; I will report back next week.