Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LITTMAN 45 SINGLE VI On EbaY 8,000

Re: LITTMAN 45 SINGLE VI On EbaY 8,000

Getting back to the Dollar question, it's like suing. Anybody can sue anybody else for any reason. Now, can he receive damages? That's another question.

Quote Originally Posted by minesix66 View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to buy one of these, but I think you have to be a moviestar to afford one. Is it worth it?

item # 290286184204
    Mr. Littman is a character, but as someone who has used one of his cameras, I was completely satisfied with the product.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by aduncanson View Post
    ...he is evidently capable of generating an unlimited number of inaccuracies and grammatical errors
    You should read the patent!

Evidently the patent examiner was asleep at the wheel, or more likely he decided to let this patent, inaccuracies and all, go to meet his quota (probably thinking who's going to care anbout a patent on 70+ year old technology?).
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

I can never understand why Mr Littman feels such a desperate need to be associated with the rich and famous. The poor guy must have an enormous inferiority complex. We know what a Polaroid is worth, even when draped in exotic timbers, skins or whatever else elevates the price tag so much. The very idea of a light weight 4x5 camera is good, but why the need for all the rah rah? Image quality of this camera is obviously way better than what any old Graph can produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    I'd rather have an $85 Speed Graphic thanks. Weighs less and far more useful. imho of course.
    Jim, welcome to the Ignorant Barbarians' Club.

Gotta love the publicity and awareness you all generate by commenting on those auctions!

I doubt I'll ever be allowed near a Littman. As a Razzle supporter and defender I think that man has it in for me... after all I had corrected some typographical errors he made during a debate on this forum

Each to their own. Dean's conversion was affordable so I bought one. And I'm very happy with the results. I am under no illusions - I very much doubt Littman's will produce a better image.

The Littman 45s has been available for what...5 or 6 years now? I have not seen one come up for sale as a used item in that time. Why is that? I might consider a used one.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I saw one at Photo Gizzmo in New York once. I think it was a used or demo model.

Drew I think it's because you sign an agreement that you must return it if you ever wanted to get rid of it or something. Or maybe that was another myth?

I believe Littleman has Patented his advertising verbiage that he uses on Ebay

Polaroid conversions pre-date his cameras by many years, so he offers nothing new or Patentable, if however you want to pay his prices then don't look at Dean's affordable Razzle conversions which do come with genuine user recommendations, and from users of this Forum

Ian