Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: LITTMAN 45 SINGLE VI On EbaY 8,000

Re: LITTMAN 45 SINGLE VI On EbaY 8,000

why there are so many "1st post" reader, loving littman's 4x5?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Drew I think it's because you sign an agreement that you must return it if you ever wanted to get rid of it or something. Or maybe that was another myth?
    This is how disinformation becomes fact, there never was such an agreement, I know because I sold them both new and used at Photo Gizzmo. FIY, you do not have to spend $8000 for a Littman 45 Single camera, William can provide you with a custom built camera for less than $3500, he sometimes have demos for even less.
    As for used cameras, check on Craigslist or on E bay, they do come up.

Louis

The information was posted elsewhere, of course, with the internet it's so easy for something to disappear as readily as it appeared. You may notice my post (apart from being VERY old now) has even been quoted with the qualifier
    Or maybe that was another myth?
    What's FIY?

joseph

is it something to do with Fee Foe and Fum?

I don't think so, as far as I'm aware that story was suitable for children and written as such. All this long-winded bollocks must be made for the psychology phd's

Hi I've been a photographer since I was 22 year old and I've owned whole bunch of cameras and I'd be freaking brain dead if I purchased a Littman just because it would violate my principle of not giving money to d@ucheb@gs.

I love the look of the 110a (and 110b) and considered a conversion to 4x5 instant film. Just no way for me to afford that, not to mention the cost of film. I very easily converted a 110a to accept 120 film for about $5. So I have this great fun camera and I produce negatives that are 6 x 10cm. This first conversion has some minor drawbacks in film handling, but perhaps the next will be a little bit slicker. Took this (these) images with the conversion...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thart2009/4115940003/

I think my first camera was a Brownie or Hawkeye (some cheap Kodak taking 620 film). I was 11 years old. That was fifty years ago. Since then, I have owned many cameras. Got most of them used. In the eighties and nineties, I traded photographica at Leonard Hart’s now defunct “Houston Camera Show and Sale”. I never refused to buy a camera based on the seller’s personality. The deal was always based on the camera offered and the price asked.

I have always looked on a camera as a tool to be used (see an exchange between me and Gordon in this thread in late ’09). Who made a camera or who uses one just like it never has been important to me as a photographer (although provenance can be plenty important to collectors). I have a deep interest in a Polaroid based 4x5. I would like to change, alter or grow my current photographic style while remaining within the LF field. I would love to have a Byron—or a Littman. I have heard that the Byron will be about $1,400 USD “new”, while Louis points out that previously owned Littmans auction at ~$2,500 to $3,500USD.

Yet at this time, I am focusing my efforts and resources on promoting my work. I have re-done my website and will show more often this year. I am seeking representation. Later in ’10 , there will be a small ad in B&W Magazine. Another camera is just not in the picture at this time, new or used . . .at any price.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Where's that dead horse animated gif?

Quote Originally Posted by jack_hui View Post
    why there are so many "1st post" reader, loving littman's 4x5?!!!
    So someone does a search on the Internet for large format photography and finds this site.

And given all the information, knowledge and opinions available, decides to do a search of the site.

And lo and behold, he homes onto the one item he is so enamoured with and makes his first response to address the "injustices" piled upon it.

Yes, it could happen...

Then again, maybe they are just a "shill"...

I wonder what other subjects they have commented on...