Thread: Open Salon Exhibition: bring your photograph, or have us print it for you!

Open Salon Exhibition: bring your photograph, or have us print it for you!

Open Salon: bring your photograph, or have us print it for you

We are really looking forward to seeing your photograph - but hurry, this is the final week!
    VIEWFINDER OPENS WALLS TO ONE AND ALL

London's Viewfinder Photography Gallery is turning its walls over to the public for an exhibition where every image it receives will be shown - but hurry, there are only seven days remaining to bring in your photograph.

Open Salon 2009 will see diverse photographs exhibited at the Greenwich gallery between 9 January and 1 February.

Anyone can enter a photograph, which can be on any subject, from any genre; by professional photographers or first-timers.

The picture's longest edge must be under 32 inches, and it must be provided ready to hang on the gallery's walls, supplied with any hanging materials required.

Only one image can be submitted per person.

To help support the gallery which is an exempted charity, entries are subject to a £10 handling charge.

Curator Louise Forrester said: "Open Salon 2006 was very exciting. This is a great opportunity for local photographers to show their work, and also for the gallery to raise funds to support future exhibitions."

Photographs can be dropped off until 4pm on 4 January 2009, at the Viewfinder Photography Gallery, Linear House, Peyton Place, SE10 8RS. Submissions can be brought in Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm, and on weekends between 12 noon and 4pm. For more information on getting to the gallery, visit http://www.viewfinder.org.uk/information.html.

Notes To Editors

Launch event: Friday 8 January 2009, 6.30 to 8.30pm

Exhibition dates: Saturday 9 January to Sunday 1 February 2009

Exhibition open: Monday to Friday, 9-5pm ; Saturday and Sunday, 12-4pm

Admission: Free

Venue: Viewfinder Photography Gallery, Linear House, Peyton Place, off Royal Hill, Greenwich, London SE10 8RS

Transport: Greenwich (DLR and Rail, 8 mins from London Bridge) ; Cutty Sark (DLR)

Contact details for publication:
    gallery@viewfinder.org.uk
    020 8858 8351, ext. 2
    www.viewfinder.org.uk

The curator is available for interview.

We've introduced a new option for those who can't bring their work in person - you can email it to us, and we'll arrange for it to be printed. Please see the 'upcoming' section of What's On (http://www.viewfinder.org.uk/index.html) for further details and to pay the entry fee and printing charge.

If you're bringing your print in, please make sure it is ready to hang, with any hanging materials required included; that your name and contact details are secured to the back of the frame; and that you bring the £10 handling fee (either in cash, or cheques made payable to Viewfinder Photography Gallery).

---
    Viewfinder Photography Gallery, Linear House, Peyton Place, London SE10 8RS

020 8858 8351, ext. 2

http://www.viewfinder.org.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/London...2189693?ref=ts

"Viewfinder Gallery in Greenwich does a sterling job of giving exposure to new photographic voices" 24 Hour Museum

Finalist in Best use of Science or Technology, Thames Gateway Business Awards 08

Finalist in Sustainable Business of the Year, Thames Gateway Business Awards 08

Finalist in Diversity in Business, Thames Gateway Business Awards 08

Finalist in Environmental Business of the Year, Archant London Environmental Awards 2008

Re: Open Salon Exhibition: bring your photograph, or have us print it for you!

It's a shame this wasn't announced to us a month or more ago, I could have saved the money for a trip to London, and had a print sorted in time.

No way can I get an image mounted and framed by then now!

Hope it all works out for you

Ya, a bit on the late side I'd say. Ash, you're a lot closer to London than me.

It's a pity that you didn't post last mounth... I'll try to make some picyures, but I'm very busy at the moment....

Stefano
    Analog is Rock!!!! Digital is slow
    My site