Thread: FNG from Raleigh

FNG from Raleigh

Hello everyone!

Some might recognize me from the APUG forum, or maybe from Model Mayhem or Flickr.

I don't as yet own a LF camera. I've been getting my ducks in a row to make intermittent use of my second bathroom as a dark room and once that is done I'd like to get my first view camera. Likely a 4x5 press camera to get started for the sake of portability and long walkabouts downtown.

My new primary camera right now is a Mamiya C330 (medium format) and before that was the Canon Digital Rebel XTi which I used to learn the ropes.

For now I expect to mostly lurk but when I'm ready to make the leap I'm looking forward to benefiting from the collective wisdom gathered here!

Re: FNG from Raleigh

Plenty of good info here in the archives and everyone is very helpful. Best of all, nobody bitches at you if you mention digital/scanning etc. It's also a great place to view hundreds of great photos without subscribing. Welcome and enjoy. Btw, don't be afraid to get a beater Graphic as long as the bellows is good. You can customize them to your hearts content.

Re: FNG from Raleigh

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White