Page 741 of 1714 FirstFirst ... 2416416917317397407417427437517918411241 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,410 of 17138

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Nguss View Post
    Beautiful photo, demonstrates Scottish summertime well. Also shows you don't need the best weather to make a striking image, though an eye for a great composition helps.
    Actually I find that the best images are when the weather is changing :-) Which probably happens every few hours in the north of Scotland. Just have to get to a pub in between for smoked salmon and a good Islay malt.
    Ok whiskey for Aran and Islay for Arran. It looks like both islands are smashing.
    Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

I would love to get up to Scotland and find out, bit probably not for a while now though.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Luckily we were blessed with fairly changeable weather on Arran, quite showery, some sun, not much serious rain; a good mix. I'm looking forward to developing my remaining E6 film from that trip.

Alan Brock

Smoky Mountain Sunrise

I don't know why, but sunrises always surprise me. Always. I could be watching the sky change colors for an hour, but actually seeing the sun crest over the horizon always seems to catch me off guard. If I'm shooting, I get a burst of adrenaline...better shoot quickly, I'm running out of time!

Last month was no different. My original intention was to shoot the entire morning on film. Alas, I'm still too chicken for that! And so, while I was busy capturing the best light with my digital rig, up comes the sun...out of nowhere! I quickly calculated my exposure and clicked the shutter. While I'm disappointed that the best color occurred just before this image, I'm still happy with the shot. Metering large format film while looking into the sun is not easy! And next time you sneaky sun, I'll be ready! But probably not...

SmokyMountainSunriseFilm by skiers4life, on Flickr
    Shen Hao 4x5, Kodak Ektar 100, Nikkor 180mm, f/22, 0.5s exposure, 2-stop GND

a color landscape shot.
    provia F developed by me in jobo cpe e6 (tetenal 3)

Landscape and portrait from the top of the castle of Riccia, a village in the south of italy.

delta 100 , maybe 58XL , some yellow filter i do not remember wich one...

Alan,

Beautiful picture of the Smoky Mountains sunrise. I know you took it in the last few months, but for me, a native of the Carolinas, the image said "winter." I think that feeling derived from the cool blues and the bare trees on the left. But growing up I saw winter sunrises with those same mix of cool and warm colors--and frost on the grass.

Keith

That is a pretty awesome picture for a near miss. In fact, if I could miss and still get one as good as this one, I'd be tempted to claim it as a happy accident. A metheod that might work would be to meter it just before sunrise, and set the exposure half way between that reading and the one you got for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiers4life View Post
    Smoky Mountain Sunrise

I don't know why, but sunrises always surprise me. Always. I could be watching the sky change colors for an hour, but actually seeing the sun crest over the horizon always seems to catch me off guard. If I'm shooting, I get a burst of adrenaline...better shoot quickly, I'm running out of time!

Last month was no different. My original intention was to shoot the entire morning on film. Alas, I'm still too chicken for that! And so, while I was busy capturing the best light with my digital rig, up comes the sun...out of nowhere! I quickly calculated my exposure and clicked the shutter. While I'm disappointed that the best color occurred just before this image, I'm still happy with the shot. Metering large format film while looking into the sun is not easy! And next time you sneaky sun, I'll be ready! But probably not...

SmokyMountainSunriseFilm by skiers4life, on Flickr
    Shen Hao 4x5, Kodak Ektar 100, Nikkor 180mm, f/22, 0.5s exposure, 2-stop GND

A shot from my trip to Great Sand Dunes National Park.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dunes001.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	102093

Christmas Valley, Oregon