Page 1176 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 176676107611261166117411751176117711781186122612761676 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,760 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Really like both of your recent images Vallantho. Love the story on the cows and so glad to hear that they cooperated

Vallantho

Quote Originally Posted by Pali K View Post
    Really like both of your recent images Vallantho. Love the story on the cows and so glad to hear that they cooperated
    You just got a let em know who's boss

Things like that can make the experience a fun one if you roll with it. I'm finding it best not to get too wrapped up in my own expectations of a scene. The persuit of some imaginary perfection will only result in walking away empty handed.

Thanks for your support and kind words.

Mohammad Reza Alvandi ALVANDI Camera's Avatar

Iran, Tehran, Firuzkuh, Arjomand, Panoral 45 camera, Schneider Super Angulon 90/5.6, Hoya red filter, Ilford FP4 4x5in film
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arjomand-005.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	149699

Vallantho , if you continue shooting pictures like this, you'll soon be the one to beat.
    That's a GOOD thing.
    Thank you, and keep up the good work.

Dan

tasman pano 1 by alex gard, on Flickr

8x10's

AnzaRunner

Here is a series of photos I shot on my annual winter visit to Zion. I was hoping to get some fresh snow during my visit, but that didn't happen. It had snowed a couple days before my visit though.

The first photo was taken on Velvia 50 8x10 with my Ebony RW810 and Nikkor 300mm f/5.6 I spent some time looking for ice abstract photos on Zions upper east side, and liked this scene.

This second photo is the webcam composition, but with a dusting of snow and some nice light, I was very happy to add it to my portfolio. To shoot this, I setup my camera the day before to figure out the composition and focus. I then placed rocks under the tripod spikes, and marked them so I knew exactly where to put the legs the next morning. I then took the camera off the tripod (without folding it), so all I had to do was put the tripod on the rocks, and the camera on the tripod, and the focus and movements were already set in the darkness before sunrise. This was taken on Velvia 50 8x10 using my Nikon 300mm.

This is the first photo I shot with my Nikon 600T. I saw this cool "bolt" of red sandstone, and when I metered the scene, I found that the snow was nearly the same brightness as the sky, so that further simplified the photo. This was taken on Kodak Ektar 100.

Finally, this photo was shot in the main canyon. I was trying to find something to point my camera at that would help give a sense of scale. This was also shot with the Nikon 600T.

Quote Originally Posted by AnzaRunner View Post
    Here is a series of photos I shot on my annual winter visit to Zion. I was hoping to get some fresh snow during my visit, but that didn't happen. It had snowed a couple days before my visit though.

The first photo was taken on Velvia 50 8x10 with my Ebony RW810 and Nikkor 300mm f/5.6 I spent some time looking for ice abstract photos on Zions upper east side, and liked this scene.

This second photo is the webcam composition, but with a dusting of snow and some nice light, I was very happy to add it to my portfolio. To shoot this, I setup my camera the day before to figure out the composition and focus. I then placed rocks under the tripod spikes, and marked them so I knew exactly where to put the legs the next morning. I then took the camera off the tripod (without folding it), so all I had to do was put the tripod on the rocks, and the camera on the tripod, and the focus and movements were already set in the darkness before sunrise. This was taken on Velvia 50 8x10 using my Nikon 300mm.

This is the first photo I shot with my Nikon 600T. I saw this cool "bolt" of red sandstone, and when I metered the scene, I found that the snow was nearly the same brightness as the sky, so that further simplified the photo. This was taken on Kodak Ektar 100.

Finally, this photo was shot in the main canyon. I was trying to find something to point my camera at that would help give a sense of scale. This was also shot with the Nikon 600T.
    While I don't (yet) have any Large Format landscapes to contribute, I only shot my first 6 frames this past weekend (5 PanF+ 1 Ektar) with my new Horseman 45HD, I just have to give you a pat on the Back. I saw your images and recognized them as Been Horne from YouTube, checked your profile and sure enough it was you. I want to thank you for your videos, your channel is what inspired me over the edge to take the plunge into Large Format.

Keep those amazing images coming!

Ben,
    I really like the last pic. Even though the photo is confined to this relatively small slab of rock, you still get this immense sense of scale and size that is so characteristic of Zion. Well done!
    Tony

Lake Jindabyne, Evening Cloud, Infrared

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ultrafine Silver Eagle VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.6cm X 24.4cm, from a 8x10 Efke IR820 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Wollensak 159mm f9.5 wide angle lens and a IR680 filter. Signed, stamped, and annotated verso.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

AnzaRunner

Quote Originally Posted by FredrickSummers View Post
    While I don't (yet) have any Large Format landscapes to contribute, I only shot my first 6 frames this past weekend (5 PanF+ 1 Ektar) with my new Horseman 45HD, I just have to give you a pat on the Back. I saw your images and recognized them as Been Horne from YouTube, checked your profile and sure enough it was you. I want to thank you for your videos, your channel is what inspired me over the edge to take the plunge into Large Format.

Keep those amazing images coming!

That's awesome to hear about making your first 6 exposures on the Horseman. You're going to have a blast with large format, and I'm honored that I helped push you over the edge! :-)