Page 1043 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 435439439931033104110421043104410451053109311431543 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Bet Giyorgis by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by RHITMrB View Post

Bet Giyorgis by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr
    Wow! What is that?? It's awesome! I also love the tree on the left, would love to see that as its own image as well.

C-41 film?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wow! What is that?? It's awesome! I also love the tree on the left, would love to see that as its own image as well.

C-41 film?
    Portra 400 as (almost) always

It's a church: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_...orge,_Lalibela

Noobie to LF

Gamble barn in Dryden Ontario.

Photo taken with a Toyo 810G using Ilford Delta 100 b&w film.

The lighting was fairly flat at the time, partly overcast sky and -6C. Still a little chilly to be handling metal with bare hands for very long.

The film was tray developed in HC-110 dilution 'B' for 7 mins, 15 seconds at 17.5 C.

Not happy with the resulting scan - not sure if the problem is purely a developing or scanning issue. I do see some developing issues but for the life of me, I can't get a good scan (Epson V700).

First time Ive used 8x10 film in this camera, and first time I believe that I have used Delta 100.
    Gamble Barn:

^^^ Looks great to me, Derek.

Noobie to LF

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    ^^^ Looks great to me, Derek.

Thanks - seriously not happy with the resulting scan lol. I uploaded it to my web site, the trees look terrible.even on this site with my screen they dont look great.

First time ive loaded 8x10 film in this camera - i.will.not.give.up! Im bound and determined to shot lots of (sheet) film this summer! If it ever gets here - shot this today. Im not happy with the sky - and i rarely am. not sure if its how i develop or agitate or what but im rarely happy with my skies.

I need to make myself a checklist as to what I need to take with me - I forgot my loupe.

D'oh.

What bothers you about the trees... shadow detail... local contrast? I can't help with scanning but I'm sure someone here can help.

Noobie to LF

the tree in the middle of the frame - needed lots of ps work to bump the contrast to get it close to the trees on the right. overall contrast lacked as well, imo. ya shadow detail isnt the best considering the lighting.

I shoot certain subjects a lot - with different films, cameras, lenses, lighting conditions - I find this a good test, and this barn is one of those subjects. Every once in a while though, and its happening more the last week or so - the scan just - well, sucks. rescanning doesnt help. scan a dif neg and zero issues. I dont have any history with Delta 100 so not sure if im doing something wrong during the scanning process or not. Or if its due to the negative and how it was developed.

I tray develop my 4x5 negatives and I guess also my 8x10s now.

Couple lines from what I think was how the water sheeted off (placed it back into the wash to try again, same result/ same place even though i used photo flo - odd lol), one line lower right corner in the snow, other lines to the left of the barn - there is a horizontal line mid frame but that was from the clouds.

At this time, I only have HC-110 or Rodinal for developer. Maybe HC-110 isnt the best for this emulsion?

As frustrated as I am - as mentioned: i wont give up. This is part of shooting film. making mistakes, and hopefully learning from them so I wont make those mistakes again. I just recently acquired this camera and I am super excited to get it out in the field.

The more I look at the image here, the more im liking it.

Derek

Derek it's a nice image to my eye. It could be, even with the flat lighting, the development time delivered higher than intended contrast. There's a fair amount of white snow in the frame. I generally stand develop in dilute developer, giving more exposure. I would have done that, if I had made this image. Having said that, I like what you have presented.

Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kennedy View Post
    the tree in the middle of the frame - needed lots of ps work to bump the contrast to get it close to the trees on the right. overall contrast lacked as well, imo. ya shadow detail isnt the best considering the lighting.

I shoot certain subjects a lot - with different films, cameras, lenses, lighting conditions - I find this a good test, and this barn is one of those subjects. Every once in a while though, and its happening more the last week or so - the scan just - well, sucks. rescanning doesnt help. scan a dif neg and zero issues. I dont have any history with Delta 100 so not sure if im doing something wrong during the scanning process or not. Or if its due to the negative and how it was developed.

I tray develop my 4x5 negatives and I guess also my 8x10s now.

Couple lines from what I think was how the water sheeted off (placed it back into the wash to try again, same result/ same place even though i used photo flo - odd lol), one line lower right corner in the snow, other lines to the left of the barn - there is a horizontal line mid frame but that was from the clouds.

At this time, I only have HC-110 or Rodinal for developer. Maybe HC-110 isnt the best for this emulsion?

As frustrated as I am - as mentioned: i wont give up. This is part of shooting film. making mistakes, and hopefully learning from them so I wont make those mistakes again. I just recently acquired this camera and I am super excited to get it out in the field.

The more I look at the image here, the more im liking it.

Derek
    Believe it or not, I've found Rodinal to be the ideal developer for Delta100 for me,Try it however I'm using Rotary processing not tray.