Page 1024 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 245249249741014102210231024102510261034107411241524 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,240 of 17145

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    These are fantastic, especially the pano shot!
    Yes, another vote for the pano image - I love it.

And the above image as well - a wonderful example of how great an almost monochrome color image can be.

Quote Originally Posted by skiers4life View Post
    Here is an image of Laurel Falls in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. My hands have never been so cold in my entire life! 4x5 Kodak Ektar 100, 90mm, f/32, 43 seconds. If you're interested, there's more on how I took this image (including a monochrome version on Delta 100...which I didn't really care for) on my blog: http://www.alanbrockimages.com/blog/...tennessee-snow Thanks for looking!

I love the subtlety of the color, at first glance it almost looks like a black-and-white, until you look further and then the colors start to emerge, really great.

Quote Originally Posted by skiers4life View Post
    Here is an image of Laurel Falls in Great Smoky Mountains National Park...
    Sweet. Nicely seen and executed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Jiri - I love the grays...and the sparkling highlight - just to the right of the five bare trees - very compelling!

Marty - RE the houseboat: In June of 1998, my wife, two children then ages 10 and 12, and myself, loaded our camping gear into a rented ski-boat equipped with a 150 hp. Mercury engine - figuring that the 186 miles of lake Powell would simply take too long for our schedule to see with a much slower houseboat. Would have liked to have houseboat amenities, but we still had a wonderful time. Then again, this was more about family time than my own photography. A houseboat would make a great base of "photographic operations," although I must say I'd be very tempted to smuggle some processing equipment aboard!

But about lake Powell - last time I visited, in 2012, the water level was very low. Is it still - or has it come up a bit?
    John, thanks a lot. It was a great moment, but as any interesting weather, it passed very quickly. Those 5 trees in the distance were the main attraction for the composition, but they were still too far even with the longest lens (300mm without the rear element -> ~420mm). I don't usually carry along the 480mm Apo-Ronar because of it's weight. But I see that I will have to return there for another take on those trees...

Quote Originally Posted by sdzsdz View Post
    We eventually got some snow here in the north of Germany and I made a short trip yesterday to try my new camera stuff. I swithed to an Chamonix 045N-2 and a Shen hao back. I´m very pleased with both, exspecially because I can use longer lenses now on 6x17. These were shot with 75mm on 4x5 and 210mm on 6x17, both on Tmax 100

Winterland 2 by sdzsdz, on Flickr

Winterland 1 by sdzsdz, on Flickr
    Those are fantastic, especially the second one works wonderfully for me...

And Alan, that one is great, too....
    Last edited by Jiri Vasina; 1-Feb-2015 at 04:07. Reason: Noticed Alan's image after writing my reply
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

McCoy

Sdzsdz,
    These shots are great! I shoot in the Blackwater Canyon in West Virginia USA and at first I thought I was looking at some scenes from there. Good job with the zones too, snow can always be tricky. Great work!
    -McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vasina View Post

Winter Landscape
    Added to my "Serene Landscape" portfolio.

Shot with Chamonix 5×8" Large Format camera and Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 300mm f:5.6 lens using only the front element, resulting in focal length of approximately 420mm. Exposed on 13×18cm sheet of Fomapan 100, developed in Rodinal (R09) 1:50. Cropped to panorama.
    Very nice shot. I've never had good results with the convertible element of my Symmar.

Here's one I just scanned in. From last weeks hike in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Taken with a Zone VI 4x5 and Kodak Ektar 203mm f7.7 lens and minus blue filter. Shot on Foma 200 developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes.

Rocky Mountain NP 25 Jan 2015-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    Here's one I just scanned in. From last weeks hike in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Taken with a Zone VI 4x5 and Kodak Ektar 203mm f7.7 lens and minus blue filter. Shot on Foma 200 developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes.

Very nice tonality in that image. I like!! I'm sure that -blue filter had much to do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post

Did you pull up the shadows on the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Very nice tonality in that image. I like!! I'm sure that -blue filter had much to do about that.
    Thanks. Foma 200 has been my go-to film (though I am still learning what I like). It is a bit grainy and there are some small imperfections sometimes, but it is cheap and I love the long flat curve.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Did you pull up the shadows on the computer?
    I actually added some contrast. When scanning, I adjust the historogram to get the full information of the negative. I set the contrast curve to linear, then scan.

This gives a full information scan (as much information as the 750 can get anyway), though somewhat flat looking. I then use Photoshop to adjust the curves to get the image to my liking, then sometimes add sepia to the blacks/greys sometimes.

The pictures always look better on my photoshop screen than they do here since Flickr always adds a lot more contrast when uploading for some reason. I always have to edit the photo in Flickr and take contrast out to get it close to what my image looks like in Photoshop. Its close, but always looks more contrasty and has more pixelated edge effects than it does in Photoshop.