Page 176 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 761261661741751761771781862262766761176 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 17145

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

John - another marvellous image - I particularly like the way that the clouds on the left mimic the shape of the gravestones, and those on the right the Joshua tree.

Dear John,

Great image...

Nicely done.

jim k

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your comments...

A recent image.

jim k

Millarville, Cowboy Trail, Alberta, Canada, 2010

Thanks Dave and Jim. A recent trip to the E. Sierra region.
    Another incredible cloud image, Jim. Beautifully rendered.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

Dear John;
    The graveyard is very haunting and the image is beautiful. I have a question. I notice that on my monitor the image looks to be toned differently in different areas of the print. Some warm, such as the area from the front gravestones to the back gravestones and the area in front of the front row of graves to the middle of the road and to the Joshua tree, seems much colder in tone. Is this intentional or is it just my monitor?
    Denise libby

MF/LF Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Dear John;
    The graveyard is very haunting and the image is beautiful. I have a question. I notice that on my monitor the image looks to be toned differently in different areas of the print. Some warm, such as the area from the front gravestones to the back gravestones and the area in front of the front row of graves to the middle of the road and to the Joshua tree, seems much colder in tone. Is this intentional or is it just my monitor?
    Denise libby
    Now that you mention it I see it too. Lovely picture none the less
    Ezzie, aka Eirik Russell Roberts
    MF/LF newbie

Toyo vx-125b nikkor-sw 90mm f4.5 fuji provia 100.

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Dear John;
    Denise libby
    Its not intentional. Its a strange anomaly from my computer when a little toning is applied that appears to vary in different locations. If I had caught it I would have corrected it before posting. This used to happen with selenium and sepia toning in the darkroom, too, ironically. Someone else commented that it was over-sharpened as well.
    I'm glad the image is worthy enough for people to be concerned about it presentation, and welcome suggestions for improvement, so thanks Denise and Ezzie.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

Quote Originally Posted by MIke Sherck View Post
    My step-father tells the story...

Mike
    Dear Mike,

I am not certain whether you were in Alberta or not, but Alberta's free-range ranches can be quite large, and since I must introduce myself to the ranchers before I enter their property, the ranchers quickly speak to me about their non visible property boundaries. Their pride overflows when they talk about their land, and the added value that their ranch brings to Alberta's economy. I visited a few free-range ranches in Southern Alberta during the past year or two, where several free-range areas were surely larger than 10,000 Hectares, and where this land mass is approximately equal to thirty-nine uniquely Canadian "more or less" square mile land sections, or approximately twenty-five thousand acres. I am usually told to just follow the fence line, and I will not get lost…

Alberta's foothills, complete with the free-range ranches that back into the leeward side of the Rocky Mountains, along with the ever-changing weather, are a wondrous place to visit.

jim k

Quote Originally Posted by jim kitchen View Post

Alberta's foothills, complete with the free-range ranches that back into the leeward side of the Rocky Mountains, along with the ever-changing weather, are a wondrous place to visit.
    I must travel there one day; the landscape looks epic.

One from earlier this week - Alplisee

Toyo 4x5, Rodenstock Grandagon-N 75mm, Ilford Delta 100 / PMK Pyro