Thread: Best Last Minute Travel Deals

Best Last Minute Travel Deals

Where should I start looking for some of those "last minute" deals? Like the day before sort of thing....

Paul Cocklin

Re: Best Last Minute Travel Deals

Frank, depends on what you're looking for; I've used www.lastminutetravel.com once or twice and found them ok. Travelocity has a last minute deals section... www.Vacationstogo.com is great for cruises and such.

If you're just looking for airfare, don't rule out contacting the airline. sometimes they are anxious to fill seats at the last minute, although nowadays with the number of flights reduced on a lot of airlines that's less and less likely. Best days of the week to book a flight are usually weds./Thurs., imo.

Good luck!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

the internet?

I see some good ones on travel.yahoo.com, which I think is essentially Travelocity. Alas, a 2 year old in the house tends to get in the way of last minute travel.

My wife and son have been in some deep circle of travel hell for several days, getting bumped, delayed, and rerouted about five times--not exaggerating--on their NYC-Honolulu-Las Vegas-NYC itinerary, but in hunting down alternative routes for them, I noticed that Hawaiian Air has very good rates to Honolulu on Dec. 31--$375 one way from Las Vegas. Not sure about from other cities.

Take a look at Travel Zoo ... I just get a kick receiving their Top 20 Deals of the Week ... gives me a good daydreaming adventure once a week.

http://top20.travelzoo.com/

I'm posting from Southern China (Guilin). My wife and I have met a number of westerners who came because they found cheap flights. Once you get here it is quite cheap. It is the off season but at least it is not hot and humid. Instead it has been a thick cloud cover and some rain - perfect for portraits but not the best for landscapes. We are staying at a youth hostel with a private bath for 90 yuan a night (about $13 a night). Unfortunately, we have to return to California in two days. Hey it is not Vegas but after all is said and done you may end up spending less and seeing some amazing scenery. We came to China to teach English and Environmental Education at two schools outside of Shanghai so I only came with a digital slr.

www.yosemitecollection.com/blog

Try ratestogo.com; it's a distress hotel website (don't you love the name? all travel nowadays is distress travel!) with a link to a cheap flight website. Cheers, Uri