Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repairing bellows pinholes with liquid neopren

Repairing bellows pinholes with liquid neopren

The tool dip can be gotten at most good hardware stores. It comes in black, red and green. I do caution you though, well ventilation is a must!!! Leave the bellows open for a few days to air it out and have the stuff set well. The fumes are pretty heavy.

Home Depo will carry it. Remember to stir it well before use. Unfortunately it comes only in relatively large containers (~one quart). More than enough to last a life time plus some.

There is also a product called "liquid electrical tape", made by Star Brite. I found a small can (a few ounces) in a boating store. I've never noticed how flexible it is after it dries, but it does dry quickly.

Thanks for all the inputs. Sometimes the cheaper solution becomes the most expe nsive, and remembering all the hassle I went through, and lost pictures, some years ago when trying to fix my w orn out Linhof bellows, and the considerable relief of, yes, my bank account, but worries as well after I instal led a new one, I went for the radical solution. Camera Bellows offred a 600 mm bellows replacement for #90. But the fr ames of the used bellows I got being not compatible without modifying with my newer Toyo, I preferred buying a new one for #165 from RW. If I did not have the need for new frames, Camera Bellows (www.Leefilters.com) would have been an economical alternative. And I know from a collegue that they do a nice job. Someone interes ted in a "like new"Toyo bellows from ebay with only 19 pinholes?

Paul,

Consider still repairing the old bellows and keeping it as a spare (because crap happens). In addition the skill may come in handy some time. Also, check the new bellow for leaks near its attachment seans. Just because it new doesn't mean it doesn't leak. (once bitten twice shy)