Thread: Sinar Norma spare-parts.

Sinar Norma spare-parts.

I want to replace the spirit levels on my Norma Camera and it also has a scale-plate missing on the front standard for the swing movement. Does anyone know where I could buy these items ?

Re: Sinar Norma spare-parts.

Bill Orford bought up Sinar UK's stocks of spare parts when Sinar closed the local office. He used to post on APUG and elsewhere online, and had a basic website, but has somewhat dropped off the grid lately so I don't know if he is still active. He still shows up in various online business directories with this address and telephone no:

62 Hythe Road
    Swindon
    SN1 3NX

01793 695025

Last time I talked to Bill (a couple of years ago I think) he had the Sinar original levels at around £25 or so. If you have the base part of the level, you can buy replacement cylinders to glue onto them on eBay - they crop up all the time on eBay.de, less often on eBay.uk. if you are at all handy it is also possible to drill a small hole and refill dried out levels.

For the angle scale you will need to talk to Bill, or a foreign equivalent, or buy a junk standard on eBay.

Re: Sinar Norma spare-parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray View Post
    Bill Orford bought up Sinar UK's stocks of spare parts when Sinar closed the local office. He used to post on APUG and elsewhere online, and had a basic website, but has somewhat dropped off the grid lately so I don't know if he is still active. He still shows up in various online business directories with this address and telephone no:

62 Hythe Road
    Swindon
    SN1 3NX

01793 695025

Last time I talked to Bill (a couple of years ago I think) he had the Sinar original levels at around £25 or so. If you have the base part of the level, you can buy replacement cylinders to glue onto them on eBay - they crop up all the time on eBay.de, less often on eBay.uk. if you are at all handy it is also possible to drill a small hole and refill dried out levels.

For the angle scale you will need to talk to Bill, or a foreign equivalent, or buy a junk standard on eBay.
    Struan, thanks for that contact address and number. I will phone tomorrow and ask Bill Orford.