Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Photographers in OKC area

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Shelbyville, TN
    Posts
    23

    Photographers in OKC area

    I'm wondering how many large format photographers we have in the Oklahoma City area? Anyone interested in getting together to talk and/or shoot?

    My number is 471 dash 2517.
    Chamonix 45N-1 with 90mm f6.8 Caltar II N, and 210mm f6.8 Rodenstock Geronar

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    125

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Good luck--on that buddy--I'm in valley center, ks, the shooter's around here are far and few. It would be nice nice to start a local group, maybe we could have a muti-state convention

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    42

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Hey Rick:

    I've been watching this post since it came up. Tell ya what, I'll meet you at Turner Falls if we can get an agreed day; that's about half way for each of us. I usually shoot the falls with Velvia just before sunrise because they face toward the east. There are rock formations to catch as well. I shoot 4x5 Ebony and Rodenstock glass. 214 dash 868 dash 1139. Bring John along and any one else; we'll leave that TX vs OU thing behind for some photos.

    Rick Floyd

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rolla, MO
    Posts
    395

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Anyone between OKC and Rolla. MO?

    Mike

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Anyone between OKC and Rolla. MO?

    Mike
    Almost, I'm about five miles east of Rolla in St. James

    Wm Blunt

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rolla, MO
    Posts
    395

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Hey, that is pretty close. Do you know if there are any others?

    My wife and I have only been down here since July. Moved from Topeka.

    Mike

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    125

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Any body by Wichita, KS

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Hey, that is pretty close. Do you know if there are any others?

    My wife and I have only been down here since July. Moved from Topeka.

    Mike
    Don't know about other photographers in the area. Welcome to the area.

    Wm Blunt

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    Posts
    1,943

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick-okc View Post
    I'm wondering how many large format photographers we have in the Oklahoma City area? Anyone interested in getting together to talk and/or shoot?

    My number is 471 dash 2517.
    I'm in Van Buren, Arkansas which is right on the Oklahoma border on I-40. A few hours drive from Missouri or OKC. I do most of my photography in Oklahoma, as I am photographing all the vintage metal truss bridges in the State and there are (it seems) thousands.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Shelbyville, TN
    Posts
    23

    Re: Photographers on OKC area

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Floyd View Post
    Hey Rick:

    I've been watching this post since it came up. Tell ya what, I'll meet you at Turner Falls if we can get an agreed day; that's about half way for each of us. I usually shoot the falls with Velvia just before sunrise because they face toward the east. There are rock formations to catch as well. I shoot 4x5 Ebony and Rodenstock glass. 214 dash 868 dash 1139. Bring John along and any one else; we'll leave that TX vs OU thing behind for some photos.

    Rick Floyd
    Rick,

    Just noticed your reply. Been busy with family matters.
    I like the idea of meeting at Turner Falls sometimes. Do you drive up the day before and spend the night or do you drive up in the middle of the night?
    Let try and figure out a time to do this!
    Chamonix 45N-1 with 90mm f6.8 Caltar II N, and 210mm f6.8 Rodenstock Geronar

Similar Threads

  1. PPF Photographers Fanfaire 2 Novemebr 2-4 2007
    By Robert Brummitt in forum Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1-Nov-2007, 12:51
  2. Photographers who buy other photographers' prints
    By alec4444 in forum On Photography
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14-Mar-2007, 16:21
  3. Any LF photographers in or near Bend, Oregon?
    By Brian Ellis in forum Location & Travel
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-Nov-2005, 20:44
  4. San Francisco Area LF Photographers
    By william linne in forum Announcements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9-Jun-2004, 12:26
  5. Best way to photograph a half-inch area in large format
    By Jon_536 in forum Style & Technique
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8-Jan-1999, 22:09

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •