Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where have they gone?

Re: Where have they gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Hi Scott,

Great to hear from you, and with the perfect reason for not checking in frequently; busy with travel, and I assume, photography! Terrific! Have you been back to Vancouver Island?

Best,
    Merg
    Nope... not yet. We considered shooting up to Victoria this weekend in fact, but in the end decided to just stay put and recharge the batteries for a change. It was actually quite nice NOT being on the road for a change!

Have a wonderful holiday!

-Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Bill, thanks. My query was to question their abscence from this forum, not their whereabouts.

I do not understand why you suggest that "all the smart ones have probably gone digital". What am I to infer from this comment?
    Hi Merg,
    My thought of checking other forums was to see if they're just gome from this forum or not around LF at all any more.
    Maybe I should have said "all the wealthy ones..." (tongue implanted firmly in cheek, just to pull your chain a little).
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Round up the usual suspects. Grin.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    Hi Merg,
    My thought of checking other forums was to see if they're just gome from this forum or not around LF at all any more.
    Maybe I should have said "all the wealthy ones..." (tongue implanted firmly in cheek, just to pull your chain a little).
    Hi Bill,
    Good point, some of the sane ones have probably left LF.

I knew you were pulling chains and still have a camera that shoots film!

Dear Merg,

Taking a moment, and trying not to be so bold as to include myself in the group of missing individuals, but I am still around, just busy building a natural gas pipeline and writing a few operational gas programs for the pipeline company's computer in Northern British Columbia, Canada...

Sixteen-hour days seem to be the norm for me presently.

I will have a few images once I return to normalcy. I trust everyone is doing well?

jim k

Quote Originally Posted by jim kitchen View Post
    Dear Merg,

Taking a moment, and trying not to be so bold as to include myself in the group of missing individuals, but I am still around, just busy building a natural gas pipeline and writing a few operational gas programs for the pipeline company's computer in Northern British Columbia, Canada...

Sixteen-hour days seem to be the norm for me presently.

I will have a few images once I return to normalcy. I trust everyone is doing well?

jim k
    Hi Jim,

Glad to hear that you are well (and keeping busy)!

I hope you will share your images from Northern BC when you return. Your previous work has been a pleasure to view!

Take care,
    Merg

I was looking through some PM's that go back as long as I've been a member of apug (2004), and nearly every one of the early corespondents has moved on. There are some, who like Jorge G, have simply left photography altogether, and others who have found more comfortable niches on other sites. As David said, it seems pretty typical of a lot of folks to spend some time on a forum and then move on.

I met the woman who is now my wife of six years on a photo site to which neither of us have posted for years. Now THAT's a nifty thing in itself!
    Last edited by John Voss; 1-Dec-2008 at 17:17. Reason: has moved on, not have moved on
    ----------------------------------------------------

www.johnvossphotography.blogspot.com

I won't lay claim to contributing any spark, but I've been a member longer than most. Burnout is probably a good diagnosis...I still read here from time to time but I'm not so motivated to post.

So, what kind of (film, camera, developer, lens) should I buy? I've heard pyro will make good pictures all by itself. Where can I get some of that bokeh stuff? You can only get involved in these discussions so many times. I think I've (mostly) satisfied my curiosity about participating in discussion forums.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by John Voss View Post
    There are some, who like...
    I miss some of the missing folks, but honestly... there are some that I don't miss at all.

Robert's message reminds me of something I read recently by a very witty man. He had been a faculty member at a university, and wrote a piece about how faculty meetings are very poorly attended overall, but at his school they were always packed. Why? Because there were two faculty members who would always show up and trade barbs with each other, and everyone else wanted to see the show!

I guess I'm like those folks - I like to read the bickering, as long as it remains fairly (but not necessarily completely) civil! It is a good source of entertainment while I eat my lunch...