Page 829 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 3297297798198278288298308318398799291329 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 17217

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Ricoh Diacord L | Acros 100
    [Insert profound quote here]

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Very nice and most people don't realize how rare is the bloom of desert flower. I have seen this maybe once...
    That's true. Some, like the giant saguaro, mostly bloom at night. Others, like the hedgehog (purple one I shot a few pages back), only bloom for a couple days. A related plant, the giant agave, sends up a huge spire, sometimes 20 feet high, from the chest high plant only once, then dies.

2 Bit Hack

Yes, I live at Radium Springs. I work for ASU. My office is at Waterfront Park.............in water resources. I too got some shots of the Broad St Bridge coming down last year. The new one is coming a long nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Oh, so do you live around Albany? Up until last year I was in Albany all the time. I was the piccolo player in the Albany Symphony and I've got a couple of good friends up there. Last time the Flint was really high I took a ton of photos out at the waterfront park and surrounding area. I also documented the old bridge getting torn down last year with some other photography enthusiasts in the area and some art professors from Albany State and Valdosta State.
    Regards

Marty

Small world! Do you know Chazz Williams? Art professor there at ASU.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

2 Bit Hack

I manage the GIS component of the water center and have very little to do with the campus. So, no, I do not know Chazz. The last time the Flint was really high was in 2009 right after I bought my house which is close to the river. Worrisome. I am not a Georgia native. Though I have been here several years I don't get away much. So I am not familiar with the area and its treasures.
    Regards

Marty

White Horse, McDermitt, Nevada-Oregon

Denio Junction, Nevada

Artistic Taxidermy, Hampton, Oregon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/austingranger/

2 Bit Hack

Nothing like having an artistically posed dead animal in your living room.

When I was 8 my parents took all 8 of the kids on a round trip out west, Flagstaff, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, Sequoias, Yosemite, Yellowstone. I remember Route 66 and all those tourist trap signs. This reminds me of those signs and the trip. What an adventure for a kid.
    Regards

Marty

Hasselblad 500c/m
    Kodak tri-x 400

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarmck View Post
    I manage the GIS component of the water center and have very little to do with the campus. So, no, I do not know Chazz. The last time the Flint was really high was in 2009 right after I bought my house which is close to the river. Worrisome. I am not a Georgia native. Though I have been here several years I don't get away much. So I am not familiar with the area and its treasures.
    I see. Well if you are ever looking for stuff to photograph, Hwy 133 between Albany and Valdosta is quite a scenic drive. Close to Valdosta on 133 is Morven, which has some beautiful peach orchards and an annual peach festival, coming up next month I think. Due south in Thomasville is some beautiful old architecture. It's a wonderful city with a lot of activity, and the area between there and Valdosta (Hwy 84) is another wonderful drive. Up northwest there is Callaway Gardens and the one of GA's hidden gems, Providence Canyon. And if you are looking for a weekend getaway, definitely consider Savannah out on the coast, or St. Simons and Jekyll Island.

Albany is doing a lot of great things, expanding the city and such (unlike down here in Valdosta...we are stagnating quite badly). It's a nice area for the most part. If you like classical music you might like the symphony. I don't play in it anymore due to schedule conflicts, but if you are into that, we've got an even better symphony (in my opinion ) down here at Valdosta State. If you're ever in the area you should stop by and say hello. I'm the facility coordinator for the College of Arts, as well as the recording engineer for the symphony.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

2 Bit Hack

Hmmm, recording engineer huh. I record acoustic guitar in my living room. As for Albany, the wheels are about to fly off the bus. HMaHO
    Perhaps we should let thread continue. PM me if you want to continue.
    Regards

Marty