Page 808 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 3087087587988068078088098108188589081308 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 17207

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    This should contain the view from my hospital room. Woke up in AFIB and heavy chest pain. Feeling better but I'm here til Monday at least.

Cheers!
    Hope you are feeling better. Probably too much of that healthy living, now the docs will be giving you all kinds of shit to make it better. Get well soon so you can be ready for spring if it ever springs.
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Agfa Ultra 50 was only made in 35mm so don't bother looking for 120 or 4x5. It would have been kick ass in larger sizes though! I don't know how well it will have kept, even frozen. Agfa was great in those days. Not only did they have the only "three saturation level" line up of color neg film, they also had APX 25 and 100, two of the best B&W films ever. The 400 was pretty darned good too.
    I used to shoot Agfa Ultra 50 in 120 back around 2000 or so. I see there is some on ebay. Looked pretty good back in the day, sharp as a tack, but I had trouble getting the color right printing. Maybe it was the Konika paper we used at work, which was good for other films. Anyway I used it in conjunction with Velvia 50 in roll film backs for my Toyo 45a II as alternative to internegatives. Seems silly with the avaiblility of good film scanners now days.

Trees

Bridge

Octotillo

Jeffery Dale Welker

I've been admiring and marveling at your work for some time Scott. Your vision and execution are tremendous. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratched Glass View Post
    I used to shoot Agfa Ultra 50 in 120 back around 2000 or so. I see there is some on ebay. Looked pretty good back in the day, sharp as a tack, but I had trouble getting the color right printing. Maybe it was the Konika paper we used at work, which was good for other films. Anyway I used it in conjunction with Velvia 50 in roll film backs for my Toyo 45a II as alternative to internegatives. Seems silly with the avaiblility of good film scanners now days.
    Wow - when I was using it, mid 1990s, I'm pretty sure they didn't make it in 120. Good to know they did, and I'd love to get hold of some that had been cold stored (and the Portrait 160 too for rather opposite reasons!)

I always noticed I got better prints from it from the machine proofs I received back on Fuji paper than I could make myself on Kodak, or at least more saturated ones. I got decent prints but had to struggle more than other films. It did seem to match the Fuji paper the processors used better than it matched the Kodak Supra I was using.

Love those Scott!

As a great way to keep mentally sharp during crappy weather, I have been exploring the North East coast of Japan which took the brunt of the tsunami back in 2011. I was surprised to see that some street views are available. The level of damage is mind blowing. I came across an elementary school that looks like it will be demolished (probably already has been). Very surprised that views had been taken inside. Here are a few of Nakahama Elementary school near Sakamoto. The playground out back contains row on row of scrapped autos from the disaster. The school sits only a couple hundred metres from the ocean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 Doors Nakahama Shougakku.jpg   AutoWrecks Nakahama Elem.jpg   Wrecks Nakahama Ele.jpg  

Light standard, just south of the school.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Street Light .jpg