Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Bellows from England ceased trading

Camera Bellows from England ceased trading

Yesterday I have received information from the Managing Director of the well known English firm Camera Bellows. Camera Bellows will cease trading after November 28th, 2008 and cannot take any further inquiries.

"Over the past few years, Camera Bellows has not produced an acceptable level of financial results and there are no market indications that demand for our product will change in the foreseeable future. Our customer service will remain fully operational until 5:30 pm on our last day of business, which will be on November, 28th, 2008."

A pity, one more excellent resource for those of us who construct their own cameras or just make camera repairs by themselves, is gone...

Re: Camera Bellows from England ceased trading

That sucks

wfwhitaker

This morning I spoke with a gentleman named Tony Eaton at Camera Bellows. I don't know Tony's capacity with the company, but he was the person I was directed to when I first asked about what was going on. Apparently there is a great deal of legal wrangling and for whatever reasons Camera Bellows is ceasing business. Why this has been so secretive is beyond me. But Tony was very quick to say that there are plans to have Camera Bellows back up and running in early 2009. At this point about all we can do is hope for the best. But at least there are people involved with the company who are interested in its continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker View Post
    This morning I spoke with a gentleman named Tony Eaton at Camera Bellows. I don't know Tony's capacity with the company, but he was the person I was directed to when I first asked about what was going on. Apparently there is a great deal of legal wrangling and for whatever reasons Camera Bellows is ceasing business. Why this has been so secretive is beyond me. But Tony was very quick to say that there are plans to have Camera Bellows back up and running in early 2009. At this point about all we can do is hope for the best. But at least there are people involved with the company who are interested in its continuation.
    Tony Eaton from Camera Bellows is also the person to contact if you want to know about alternative sources.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Bad news, but tempered by good news.

I have finally managed to wrangle the bellows off my old 24x30cm plate camera, and intended to send it to Camera Bellows after the christmas madness in the post is over. Now I'll just have to wait a little longer - which isn't too bad considering it's more than a year since I got a price estimate for the job.

That is a bummer. They made me a brand new bellows for my Toyo 810M that was half the price of a new one from Toyo, much better made and completed in three weeks from the day I shipped out my old frame and bellows to the day my new one arrived. That kind of service will be greatly missed. I hope they DO get back up and running. My 5x7 Toyo hasn't started to leak any light yet, but I was planning on getting a new one for it as a preemptive measure.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Tjugen View Post
    Bad news, but tempered by good news.
    Now I'll just have to wait a little longer - which isn't too bad considering it's more than a year since I got a price estimate for the job.
    Wait a moment! I have two orders in line before you! This is the British line, don't forget that!

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Tony Eaton from Camera Bellows is also the person to contact if you want to know about alternative sources.
    Oh what a shame they where very good. My Arca bellows need sorting, I hope they start up again.
    GPS did you rate the alternatives that Tony Eaton mentioned?
    'Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid' John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by arca andy View Post
    Oh what a shame they where very good. My Arca bellows need sorting, I hope they start up again.
    GPS did you rate the alternatives that Tony Eaton mentioned?
    Nope. But like all of you, I'm waiting for the resurrection... Heck, I have too important projects...

I would also like to speak to the excellent quality and outstanding service at CB, they are worth waiting for if they can restructure. I've had several bellows made there from 8x10 to 20x24, all are perfect.
    Stay tuned...
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com