Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

Re: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

I think most folk know how I feel about Paypal but there is some false sense of belief from bidders that paypal 'protects' their interests...Hah! They couldn't care less about any of us, either buyer or seller.

Whether it was Ebay statistics or Paypals I don't know but they mentioned that paypal transactions are the safest.....I don't know anyone who has used paypal that wasn't ripped off one way or another.

CP Goerz/dagor77

Re: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

I have never personally been "ripped off" by Paypal, unless you consider the transaction fee a rip off.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by CP Goerz View Post
    I think most folk know how I feel about Paypal but there is some false sense of belief from bidders that paypal 'protects' their interests...Hah! They couldn't care less about any of us, either buyer or seller.

Whether it was Ebay statistics or Paypals I don't know but they mentioned that paypal transactions are the safest.....I don't know anyone who has used paypal that wasn't ripped off one way or another.

CP Goerz/dagor77

Using a Credit Card to fund Paypal is no protection....

There is a lot of anecdotal information on this website.

www.paypalsucks.com

In fact, it is clearly spelled out on the home page of this site that acknowledgement of the Paypal agreement averts your right to the normal protections we expect from the Credit/Debit card system.

Perhaps you can find a similar situation and see how some may have resolved their problems.

Hope this helps. Hope this clarifies a lot of the faint misgivings we all have about PayPal.

Whoops.. just noticed this is a second post on this site.... Check it out.

I hope your situation stays as it is Sandy, for many though.......:-/

CP Goerz

South Fulton, not East Fulton. It's on the border of Kentucky. My goof. Lots of good ideas here. I'll see what I can do when I get home. Thanks everyone, you've lifted my spirits.

Just wondering if there still is an entity they called the Better Business Bureau. I once reported a bad (non-ebay) transaction with them, I was shocked to eventually end up with a full reimbursement.

Don't know if they can help with Ebay but worth a try if you don't feel filling out forms, etc. is taking up too much time and effort. In my experience with situations like this the parties involved usually count on the majority of people not bothering to pursue things any further.

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your situation... there are ebay scammers out there and they're not reticent to rip people off.

Fortunately, I've only had one or two such situations over the years. Since I always paid through PayPal with a cc (not linked through a chequing/savings account), I circumvented PayPal altogether and, after explaining the situation to the cc company (Visa), they dealt with the seller. The charge was reversed and my account was credited the full amount (including shipping.)

In another dispute, using an AmEx card, they refused to do anything under similar circumstances. They said it was strictly between the buyer and seller to get things resolved. They just got paid for the transaction.Needless to say, I don't use AmEx through PayPal any longer.

So, if you paid through PayPal with a Visa/Mastercard... contact them and have the discussion to see what they can do to assist.

Best of luck, Jim... don't let her get away with ripping you off.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    South Fulton, not East Fulton.
    I've been there before. (Really!) My wife's family, both sides, is from nearby. My suggestion is to let the authorities deal with the situation. If you decide to go in person... bring lots of friends. Big friends. Big, mean-looking friends. Friends who look like they are carrying big sticks. You could be dealing with (insert banjo music here).

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Hello,, I can tell you from my own experiance with ebay ,,, they suck

I had to stop using ebay because I have to use paypal and paypal will get into your bank account to get their fees instead of using credit card.
    I contacted paypal and told them to stop it and they told me I could choose payment method by clicking on credit card in the selected area.
    Well, I did this and whithout my knowlege the selected option would go back to bank account when I left the page... It wouldn't let me make a selection so I ended up bouncing more checks ... I spent many hours going from the bank to the paypal web site and then to ebay to try and change things back with no luck.
    Now, ebay doesn't allow money orders as paymant and to use ebay you must use their electronic payment system.
    To make a long story short I had to stop selling on ebay. ebay and paypal act like the items your selling are theirs and you have no say in any matter which is a crock of shit. I don't buy from ebay anymore because I've found that everyone selling it would seem is just trying to get rid of items that ppl wouldn't buy in person..

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Also I'd like to explain that there wasn't enough $$ in the bank account to cover their fees so they'd keep trying to get the money causing several overdraft fees amounting well over 180.00
    Bank told me they couldn't stop paypal from doing this and all I could do was file a dispute to get my $$ back..
    I did so and changed my account to another number and paypal and ebay will never get their money and they can play in someone elses account