Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

Re: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

Quote Originally Posted by SAShruby View Post
    I use credit card method always when I pay Paypal. Then I file a fraud case against seller with the credit card company. I keep seller address, tracking number, all paperwork. There's my buyer protection.

Paypal?, hate them, they take freaking big fees for their lousy service and they laugh at you when you get into trouble. We should sue them to get rid off those bastards.
    I agree. they suck. high fees. no service.

an ebay the same with their shell bidding bullshit.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Ebay and PayPal BITE me. A cautionary tale! Anyone near East Fulton Tennessee?

How about filing an interstate mail fraud claim with USPS and let them figure out where East Fulton TN is.

This reminds me of disabiity & long-term care insurance carriers......"sorry, your claim is denied" has become a way of busines here in the USA

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

I consider insurance companies the biggest rip-off in the world. You must pay! If you claim, you must pay MORE!!! What a bullshit. So, who/what is to protect? Insurance companies balance sheet?
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Might be a long shot but file a report with the Attorney General's office in all three states. It won't cost you anything and may help you resolve this. AG is nothing to fool around with. I just had a run in with a credit card terminal leasing company. Very ugly, they would call 6 or 7 times a day demanding payment months after I closed the account. It the the IL AG a month to get around to but when they did Lease Finance Group backed right off. As a seller I have found Pay Pal offers next to no protection for me against fraud. As a buyer I have had successful results with unscrupulous sellers. I still won't use PaySmell for purchases over $100.00 though. Use a credit card and file a claim with them is my policy. AMEX is the best so far. The consumer protection laws regarding credit card purchasers favor the buyer in my experience.

Good luck with it. Keep with it and I hope you prevail.

you need to sue paypal (small claims i think). a friend of mine just did this and won!

the most important thing to do is to read all your correspondence very carefully. what they will try to do is to move the venue......so they will take you to Ca or maybe NY. if you do not show then you will lose. keep it in tonapah....be careful to do this. they will settle!

i am sending you an e mail with better information.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Thanks for all the great input. Just wanted to say thanks before I get in the car for a road rip to LA. I'll be out of touch for a while.

Yep, I just got screwed on an eBay purchase, the seller said great, they were beat up, dirty, worn out. I'm out a couple of hundred and will only buy on eBay now if I'm injected with some drug and tied to a chair and have endured hours of physical torture.

Times are very bad out there right now so it's time to quit buying from this out of control auction place. I can see it only getting worse with people being kicked out of their homes, job losses, and pure greed and meaness in sellers. It's going to get worse as the economy goes down the tube.

Right now a person can steal a picture of a rare lens off the net, put it up on eBay, send out a box of dirt and skip town and do it again in some new location.

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Despite the name, actually a good site to seek advice and help on exactly issues like this one. Not saying you have any real chance, but if there is even a tiny 1% chance, you might find it there.

good luck
    joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Good luck Jim, i hope you get them in the end. With all the good advice and experience from this forum there's hope.

jan