Thread: Does anyone know how I can find a Jobo Cpp2 and a Howtek 4500, Minolta DimageScan ?

Does anyone know how I can find a Jobo Cpp2 and a Howtek 4500, Minolta DimageScan ?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a Jobo Cpp2 with latest serial# at a decent price, as well as a Howtek 4500 Drum scanner, Minolta Dimage Scan Pro or Nikon 9000, at a good price as well. I am still not aloud to post in the For sale Forum so I hope I'm not missing out on anything in there. Just curious if anyone has any guidance on this? I have a lot of shoots upcoming and I can't wait for the 2 weeks my local lab takes to process film, and the scan they do are horrendous. These are paying gigs and I REALLY don't want to switch to digital!! Someone Help please!!!?

Hope I'm not pissing anyone off with this post as I realize it should probably go in like WTB type of thing but I thought I'd try here. As I can't post in the For sale right now and I'd like to get this equipment closer than 30 days and who's to say when I can post I wouldn't have missed out on something!! Thanks guys!

Re: Does anyone know how I can find a Jobo Cpp2 and a Howtek 4500, Minolta DimageScan

It seems like a decent price on a CPP is whatever the market will bear.
    You find one that seems in line with your budget grabit.

Re: Does anyone know how I can find a Jobo Cpp2 and a Howtek 4500, Minolta DimageScan

Sometimes I rebuild them. If you buy a used one choose one above 14,000NR to be rebuilt or ideally close to, or above 22,000NR for direct use with Expert drums. Anything below the 14,000 serial requires that you replace all the circuit boards and motor to have an Expert drum compatible machine.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Thanks guys, I've seen Cpp2's for for 2000$ and some go for 100$ so it's really hard to gauge. In both instances they had 22000+ serials..

Two considerations, first is that the CPP2 sold at 4,000 dollars just before being completely discontinued here in the USA. We sold at least ten at that dollar amount and they were snapped up. I know this because "I" assembled those units here in the US from component assemblies coming from Germany. The ending serials were in the mid 26,000 serial range. My personal CPP2 was bought in 1986 and is a 20,000 serial that was upgraded to the new style motor. My machine new in the 1980's cost me 2,000 plus at the retail level. The parts for an upgrade will vary but the over all cost for the parts and labor will sometime approach that dollar amount, so a late model 20,000 serial or above in good working order and that is clean should be worth the 2K- easily.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

where do I look to find the serial# on my CPP2?

Greg,

Thanks a lot for that information. I feel much better about purchasing one at 2000$.

Don: the serial # is located on the back of the equipment on the sticker, it'll say:

typ: number and then Nr. 200202 <---- the Nr. # is the one you want to check.

Thanks,