Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calumet Roll film holder

Re: Calumet Roll film holder

Good idea, but with the acetate, you can also mark a matboard, tracing paper or whatever to insert over the groundglass as well. The acetate is just a guide.

I've measured my 6x7 acetate and posted in a separate post.

Did you consider buying the Horseman 6x9 back. I own both that one and the Calumet 6x7 and I think the Horseman is far easier to operate and a little more precise.

But seepaert, does the Horseman roll holder attach to a Graflok back or does it slip in like a sheet film holder? Part of the Calumet roll holders' charm is that they can be used on cameras that have spring backs.

Cheers,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    But seepaert, does the Horseman roll holder attach to a Graflok back or does it slip in like a sheet film holder? Part of the Calumet roll holders' charm is that they can be used on cameras that have spring backs.
    The horseman connects to the glaflok exactly the same as the calumet. The difference is in the route the film follows inside the back, which I find is easier to load.

The calumet was not purchased with the cambo, as the horseman was, but came from a non-working polaroid MP3 reproduction camera. I was very surprised to find out it fitted the cambo as well. I use the backs for color negatives, which I cannot develop myself, but can be processed in a consumer-laboratory very cheaply. Later on I started with color transparancies, which need a professional lab for processing.

Quote Originally Posted by seepaert View Post
    The horseman connects to the glaflok exactly the same as the calumet. The difference is in the route the film follows inside the back, which I find is easier to load.
    The Calumet 120/220 holder doesn't use graflok- it just slips under the GG like a regular 4x5 holder.