Thread: Bag/case to carry sinar F2? sorry.

Bag/case to carry sinar F2? sorry.

Hello,

These questions must be quite annoying to answer, so sorry in advance, but I need to find some type of bag to carry my Sinar F2 camera, a lens and other accessories, but leave enough room for my future accessories (more lenses and things hehe) and alot of film holders and that. Just something I wont be worried about the bellows getting damaged in the bag as I walk around or something. I already have a backpack for my other gear so maybe another type of bag or case would be fine. If I have to get a bag that's okay too I spose. If I looked into some cases I wouldn't want to get like a huge metal case that ways a tonne cause I'm not the strongest person ever to live. If you guys and girls could recommend something for me that would be really cool!

Thanks!

Dave.

Re: Bag/case to carry sinar F2? sorry.

I use a collapsable cooler for my F, it can hold the camera, a 6" rail extension, a couple of lenses and about a dozen holders and meter. Cost was free, but I see them at wally world and the like for less than $10-15

You can fold an F2 by removing the lens, releasing the bellows from the front standard, moving the standards to opposite ends of the rail, tilting the rear standard on top of the compacted bellows, then folding the front standard on top of the rear standard. The folding process helps to protect the bellows and the rear ground glass. I have an REI Coop backpack with an internal frame (smaller)...that usually handles 2 lenses, the camera, and several loaded film holders.

I store the camera in a Tenba case (like a large suitcase).

They are quite heavy but the level of protection given by the Sinar expert cases can be pretty good and they can sometimes be found cheap ... you can also drag them around on a strap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abbando...7606209982421/

Granted thats a P but and F wil fit just the same.

Once you fold a F it's a bit more compact I drag mine about a original supertrekker with quite a bit of gear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abbando...7606209982421/

Apparently Sinar actually made a specific case for it to which sometimes appear secondhand.
    Last edited by Clive Gray; 21-Nov-2008 at 02:37. Reason: vbuletin sucks

I know this thread is old but I have looked at it a couple of times over the last couple of months whilst trying to decide what bag to get for my sinar f2

My Sinar fits in this old 'FIB-O' laptop bag I had lying around from the days when laptops were bigger than collapsed view cameras.

It may be a bit lengthy, but I remove the bellows from the standards, the standards from the monorail and collapse the standards so they are in an 'L' shape. I put the bellows between them with the outside of the lens inside the bellows and an inner lens cover on the inside (which is facing out) confused yet?

I 'tetris' the standards and bellows together (you'll see how it works if you do it yourself) and then wrap these up in the dark cloth. These fit fine in the laptop bag. The bag still has room for about 6 film holders, lens hood (LEE), filters, loupe, notebook etc etc. The monorail could probably quite easily fit on top of the camera but I found it easier to just keep it on the tripod.

It takes me about 2-3 minutes to put the camera back together. I'm in no rush, though.