Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ilexpo Shutter Controls

Ilexpo Shutter Controls

Folks,

I have an Ilexpo shutter most of which I can figure out - and I could probably figure out my question below if everything worked, but alas it does not.

In the attached jpeg, what do the two upper right controls do? The lower one is a round "knob" and is labeled "fast speed", and the upper one is a pointer with the label "F" on it.

And does anyone know someone who can CLA/work on these?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Ilexpo Shutter Controls

The upper lever is the focus open and close lever.
    The lower lever is used with the bottom lever set to I. You have a choice of two speeds, regular and fast. These are set by the lever in question.
    If the bottom lever is set to B, the shutter opens as long as you squeeze the bulb.
    I do not believe you have flash sync with this set up.
    To sum up start with the upper lever at F; focus and set fstop. then close that lever and set the bottom lever to B or to I (instantaneous). If I, then choose fast or regular speed. Insert film pull slide and shoot.
    Regards
    Bill

Thanks Bill,

It does have synch, the posts are upper left at the top of the lens board opening.

You answered the question about function!

Cheers,

Steve

if you can, could you please post or send me a god photo of the rear of the shutter assembly? i am missing an arm, spring or lever for mine so i do not have the fast capability.

as far as i can tell you should have bulb and inst. as well as a "fast" speed. i sure would like to get mine to work on F. i know i am missing something. i saw a very bad picture one day but i coul not figure out what exactly i need.

thanks

eddie

ps. they are very very simple to work on yourself. you could do it no problem. just be sure you take good pictures of the springs and all in case you need to remove any.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Eddie,

The rear of mine is covered in a sheet metal "box", so from the rear you can't see any of the workings.

When I figure out how to get it apart, I'll send a pic. The shutter itself apparently doesn't work, which is why the controls don't work.

Cheers,

Steve

should come apart with 4 tiny screws.....thanks for the help.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    should come apart with 4 tiny screws.....thanks for the help.
    Eddie, check your mail.

Cheers,

Steve

Hello Steve and Eddie,

I too have an Ilexpo Studio Shutter that is in need of some TLC. Attached is an image of mine with the back removed.

The fast speed setting is in need of repair. I am pretty handy and would like to try a repair myself but am lacking a schematic or a good image of a working model. Were you fellows able to get yours up and running?

On this one the:
    "F"- focus works great
    "I"- instant works great
    "B"- bulb works great

I can get the high speed to cock and fire if i assist the lever into correct place. The main spring has a lot of snap.

I am wondering if the holes marked in the attached image once contained springs to assist the shutter levers in their appointed travel.

Any suggestions or guidence is welcomed.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

mr.nelson
    chili, wisconsin (where there is 3 inches of new snow this morning!)

hey mr n.

i have since sold my shutter. i wish i had your picture last year. mine was missing a lever.

i am away from home now so i can not look at my "non instant"shutters i have left. one thing i have noticed it that the instant shutters do NOT fit in all century studio camera openings. check to be sure yours goes in.

eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Eddie,

Thank you for your response. I have received another image from a fellow board member that has the missing spring mine is lacking. I have since found the spring and am trying to coax it into place.

I will post images as I proceed this week.

Again thank you for your interest in this project. I am planning on building a mounting sleeve to hold the shutter around my front standard. I will also post images as that progresses. Check in again!

eric nelson
    chili, wisconsin