hi all,

i am sure most know the venerated Jim Galli. he, almost single handedly is bringing soft focus and selective focus back to the main stream. (and driving the prices of those lenses up as the demand increases! LOL)

i for one have gained inspiration from him. i was out shooting in utah this past sept. as i was setting up my shots day after day i found myself working very hard at getting everything in focus and sharp....."post card photos" i call them. then i began thinking about different styles and possibilities. i thought to myself...."what would galli do" (more fun than "what would ansel do" and galli's style seems "easier" to imitate!). so i began bending my camera into a pretzle and shooting the lenses wide open. i will tell you in is almost as much work to get an exact tiny sliver of focus as it is to get the opposite!

so as the peztval lens craze continues and the SF portraits develop lets see your photos that i will call in "Galli style"

(oh! and yes, please play along also, jim!)

(the 1st is a 4x5 enlarged. i guess i ran out of coverage! 2nd is a 4x5 scan. 3rd and 4th are 8x10 negs using a giant voigtlander)