Thread: 110A or 120 Polaroid

110A or 120 Polaroid

I plan on using either a Polaroid 110A or a Polaroid 120 which I've seen on the market as a proofing camera for my lighting set-ups. I realize that this doesn' t match or equal the taking lens of a large format camera but it can tell me if my lighting and exposure is on the right track. I can also proof my other camer a in other formats. 8x10 Polaroid film plus the initial outlay for the processo r and a back is too expensive(I just can't see $115.00 for 15 sheets of 8x10 Pol aroid) a proposition for me at the moment and the pack film versions of the same film is going to be a lot cheaper for me over the long run.

I do want to get the best taking lens I can find on a polaroid camera, and I 've a got a couple of converted 110A's to choose from and a 120. The 110A's hav e the Rodenstock F4.7 and one seller claims that the lens has rare earth glass. Is this true or hype? The Polaroid 120 converted has a Yashica lens but doesn' t say if the x-sync or a PC connection, does it have one?

Which one of these lenses is better if anybody knows in terms of using these cameras for proofing lighting and exposure?
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

110A or 120 Polaroid

Hi Jonathan,

I use the 110a lens on a 4x5 graphic camera now, and have had excellent results

Good luck, Bill

110A or 120 Polaroid

Im not sure what a 120 is, but i have a converted 110 with a wollensak 127 raptar and it blows me away. I don't think they put any cheap lenses on these cameras. You may end up putting polaroid positive-negative film in it and using it as your main camera. These cameras were very close to being "pocket view" cameras- don't sell them short...

the experts are at www.fourdesigns.com