Hello.
I just recently sold off my Nikon D300 as well as my Nikon 9000 film scanner. I am keeping the Epson (for now, anyway) for rescuing those negatives that I fubar. I am directing my focus to the production of silver gelatin prints.

Shortly after the scanner was gone, I started to get cold feet, and question my reasoning: Are inkjets all that inferior? You aren't the best printer in the world... sure you don't need that scanner to fall back on? Do silver gelatin prints really look that good? Are they worth the time, tedium and frustration put into refining just one image on light sensitive paper? And the spotting! NOT a fan of the spotting!

But then I looked at a succesful silver print I'd made on Ilford warmtone glossy fiber based paper. Suddenly, all the doubts fell away like water off a ducks back. I really like the results when I do things right. When its good, its REALLY good, when it's bad...

Any way, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I (and others) still like my inkjets; I just think the silver prints are infinitely superior. I guess it's all a matter of opinion; most people seem not to be able to tell the difference...

Your... opinions are welcome.