Thread: Toronto High School Seeks Spare Equipment (continued)

Toronto High School Seeks Spare Equipment (continued)

Howdy folks.

I am currently running the photography program at Georges Vanier Secondary School here in Toronto.

It's an inner city school in a fairly economically depressed part of town. However this does not mean that we are unfortunate. Indeed we have been the subject of a great deal of kindness over the last few months, thanks to the hard work of Bob Carnie, Amy Rafferty, and others such as Fintan from APUG. The goal of our program is to commit students to mastery at photography, and to support the use of analogue and digital photography.

I'm unsure as to whether this is the best forum section to ask in, but I do have a few equipment requirements that we would have difficulty fulfilling ourselves at full cost (we're a public high school). Mind you what I am asking for is nothing extravagant, so if you happen to have what we're looking for, lonely, and unused, this is a great chance to come out and support education in analogue to digital photography at the high school level. I am currently looking for these items:

1)We are looking for a shutter or a person who is willing to repair a shutter for a 150mm Xenar. Failing that, if you have an copal 0 ~150mm lens in working condition that you don't need that would be great. We have a single 4x5 camera for our school which we do give to some of our most talented students but unfortunately the shutter for it's lens has issues.

2) Bob Carnie got us a 8x10 enlarger and although we do have 8x10 pinhole cameras, we are looking for some kind of 8x10 camera. If you have an 8x10 camera and holders that you do not need, we could use one. Alternatively if you have a mangled 8x10 of the wooden camera era, such as a korona gundlach I am willing to attempt to repair it.

3) Finally I am looking for some Kodalith/other Ortho film. It doesn't matter if it's out of date. We are also interested in picking up any other out of date consumables for classical darkroom.

Thanks and cheers.

Re: Toronto High School Seeks Spare Equipment (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by snuck View Post
    Howdy folks.

I am currently running the photography program at Georges Vanier Secondary School here in Toronto.

It's an inner city school in a fairly economically depressed part of town. However this does not mean that we are unfortunate. Indeed we have been the subject of a great deal of kindness over the last few months, thanks to the hard work of Bob Carnie, Amy Rafferty, and others such as Fintan from APUG. The goal of our program is to commit students to mastery at photography, and to support the use of analogue and digital photography.

I'm unsure as to whether this is the best forum section to ask in, but I do have a few equipment requirements that we would have difficulty fulfilling ourselves at full cost (we're a public high school). Mind you what I am asking for is nothing extravagant, so if you happen to have what we're looking for, lonely, and unused, this is a great chance to come out and support education in analogue to digital photography at the high school level. I am currently looking for these items:

1)We are looking for a shutter or a person who is willing to repair a shutter for a 150mm Xenar. Failing that, if you have an copal 0 ~150mm lens in working condition that you don't need that would be great. We have a single 4x5 camera for our school which we do give to some of our most talented students but unfortunately the shutter for it's lens has issues.

2) Bob Carnie got us a 8x10 enlarger and although we do have 8x10 pinhole cameras, we are looking for some kind of 8x10 camera. If you have an 8x10 camera and holders that you do not need, we could use one. Alternatively if you have a mangled 8x10 of the wooden camera era, such as a korona gundlach I am willing to attempt to repair it.

3) Finally I am looking for some Kodalith/other Ortho film. It doesn't matter if it's out of date. We are also interested in picking up any other out of date consumables for classical darkroom.

Thanks and cheers.
    I'm willing to at least take a look at the shutter- while I'm by no means a professional repair person, I've overhauled a few shutters on my own gear, and I live fairly close to the school. I think it's awesome that you're giving highschool students access to LF gear. Send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob cruickshank View Post
    I'm willing to at least take a look at the shutter- while I'm by no means a professional repair person, I've overhauled a few shutters on my own gear, and I live fairly close to the school. I think it's awesome that you're giving highschool students access to LF gear. Send me a PM.
    Fantastic I'lll send you a PM.

Actually student access has been made possible due to generous donors in the largeformatphotography.info and apug community. Originally I was going to lend them my combat graphic on a temp basis, but only on a temp basis. Right now students at Vanier have their very own Linhof, which is exciting. Especially when you see the talent of some of our students.

CHeers

Ok so one down for now, Something else has come up and I will post it in it's own thread. I need to know if someone is coming up through New Hampshire to Toronto as Amy Rafferty and I need some help transporting some printer paper.