Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: An old tired Horse called the Lounge

Re: An old tired Horse called the Lounge

No, that is not what I would tell Domenico. I don't even know that he is all that pretty.

But I would tell him to respect the privacy of people who send him private emails and not publish them on forums. That is a fairly simple path to decent and honorable behavior in my book.

My recollection is that Ralph deleted one of his messages because it repeated private email correspondence?

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Hard to be an asshole when you've been dead for 50 years...?

But it sounds like you're really telling Domenico just to shut up and look pretty.

Where did you come from? I was referring to Brian's statement to Domenico.

Colin,

Today, 10:47. Message deleted between #51 and #52.

Sandy

Where did you come from? I was referring to Brian's statement to Domenico.

And? I know I had a long day, but I'm going to need another hint. I mean I hear you but where are you?

Today at 10:47 the moderator deleted a message by Domenico. Reason follows.

"This message has been deleted by Ralph Barker. Reason: inappropriate publication of private e-mail."

Hope that clears up where I am. Where are you?

Sandy King

And? I know I had a long day, but I'm going to need another hint. I mean I hear you but where are you?

You responded and quoted me as if we were discussing something. That is the extent of my confusion with you.

Quote Originally Posted by domenico Foschi View Post
    Ralph, you can save the energies to delete me because I won't be participating anymore in this forum.
    I wish all the members much growth with the wonderful medium we use.

All the best,
    Domenico
    Domenico,

if you still read this thread, let me tell you that you find me in total agreement with your ideas. Please don't take this message as me trying to convince you to come back... feel free to do whatever you think is better for you and if you think this place has become a waste of time for you, I totally understand that.
    It's funny how when i first found this forum in my quest to find some info about LF photography, I didn't even realized that there was a lounge. Later on i heard of people complaining about the lounge and its people so one night I decided to come here and started reading.
    To my big surprise, among some very animated discussions, I found interesting ideas, and got to know better some interesting people like you, while relaxing after a hard day at work... it was fun and when they decided to limit the number of possible topics I thought that this was going to be very bad for the community.
    In a technical forum like this one there are always newbies, like me, and artists, like you. The only way to keep the artists around (which will hopefully trigger them to help the newbies and keep the atmosphere friendly and helpful) is to keep them entertained and I thought that closing the Lounge would have been the equivalent of closing down LFPF in the very long run... we'll see if I was right then... you are tonight proving to me that I was 100% right... no matter how sily, important, off-topic were the topics in the Lounge.

Just my 2 pennies...

Good night and good luck, Domenico, stammi bene... e grazie per avermi mostrato la tua bellissima arte... ciao

Francesco

I still have not heard one cogent expression of any harm that came from an unmoderated Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    I still have not heard one cogent expression of any harm that came from an unmoderated Lounge.
    Amen.
    I consider my self a curious person, which is a lot of the reason that photography has fascinated me and held my interest for nearly 40 years. I am curious visually; I want to see things, see how others see them, and I use a lens, silver and paper to try and express that.
    But I can't separate that curiosity from wanting to know how others think, feel and experience life in other contexts as well. It helps me to put things in perspective, maybe try and understand things in ways I wouldn't otherwise.
    That is of value to my photography, as it helps to keep my mind fresh, helps keeping me from making the same photographs for 40 years.

Agree, I hope the Moderators can see their way clear to find a compromise approach.
    Regards
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post