Thread: 4x5 film availability near Conifer/Evergreen Colorado

4x5 film availability near Conifer/Evergreen Colorado

Be there this weekend and may need more film. Hope the flowers are looking good.

Wayne,

I do not if you are staying in Denver and commuting to Evergreen/Conifer area. But if you are in Denver, try Denver Pro Photo corner of Cherokee St. and Alameda. From I25 freeway, get off on Alameda and head east. Once you get past the bridge, the light is Cherokee and turn north. They are open on Saturdays until 3pm. Good supply of film of all formats.

I don't know of any 4x5 film suppliers in Evergreen. In Boulder, you have Mike's Camera at Pearl & Folsom (a couple blocks West on Pearl from 28th Street - the main drag coming into town). In Denver there is also Werner's Camera, downtown, on California between 16th (the outdoor walking mall) and 17th. We've had a pretty good year for wildflowers in Colorado, along the front range, except for our late snow storms in May which crushed some of the early bloomers (wild Iris and such). Also, we seem to be in a monsoon weather pattern. Bring your rain gear for the late and sometimes severe afternoon thunderstorms. I've had heavy rain and small hail at my house, north of Denver, 5 out of the last 6 evenings. Enjoy!

Two places. The first would be Werner's at 16th and California downtown, if you can stomach the traffic. But since you are coming from the Jeffco foothills of Conifer (please God, send the forest fire) try Wasatch Photographic just off of 6th Avenue and Federal. This keeps you well west from downtown traffic. I bought Readyloads there when Werner's was out of stock.

Wayne,

WERNER'S, WASATCH, and DENVER PRO are your best and only bet in "MY" opinion.

MIKE'S is just a WOLF CAMERA staffed by "The Peoples Republic of Boulder" Besides if you are travling you won't have time to get thier permits to purchase the Hazardous film you want. But if you want to be safe THEY WILL PROTECT YOU!!! And charge you for it!!

Well to the Mike's Employee(caller I.D. works!) that had the testicular fortitude to call my residence and leave a nice message. Thanks for confirming my prior post. I wounder if your manager knows that your spending time at work on the internet and harassing former customers (23years). OH pardon me for asking such a stupid question it is aparent there is no manager!

Wayne--I echo what has been said---Wasatch may be the closest to I70 heading out of Denver. I know you will not find large format film west of Denver except for Glenwood Springs.

If your going to Bergen Park/Evergreen/Conifer area, a suggestion would be to make the "loop",-- hit the top of Mt Evans & drop out at the Idaho Springs exit. The flowers,elk,sheep,goats, etc. would be viewable on the Mt Evans rd (loop) being that it is one of the highest roads on the front range.(sheep at a lower elevation)

Having lived in Georgetown for 20 years & now in the Vail valley, I know you will be in for a "treat"--that particular area is very nice, often underrated--it has become a bedroom area for Denver. We have been in the "monsoon" season of late here in the high country--afternoon showers, unique lighting, before & aft. Culturally and historically, Idaho Springs, Georgetown, Empire, Silver Plume offer other possibilities for discovery--Clear Creek County & Gilpin County are centers of Victorian/Mining/Railroad history. The Camera Obscura Gallery in Denver is one of the best in the country--the photo collection at the Denver Public Library likewise and the collection at the Colo St Historical Society (Heritage Center)--same.

Raymond A. Bleesz Histographer