Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new website

My new website

I have updated my website and invite your comments. The address is www.quietlight.us. In the interest of full disclosure, not all of these images were created in large format. Many were, but not all.

Anyway, please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Randy

3d Visual Effects artist

Re: My new website

I like the website, it's very clean, simple, and to the point! I think that's just how photographs should be displayed on the web :-) I enjoyed alot of the photographs too!

The gallery buttons on the home page overlap each other slightly, I'm using Firefox 3 on Linux.

The Quietlight and Quietlight Photography text seems to not have any anti-aliasing on the text. The rest of the text on the page looks nice and smooth, those two don't.
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

Congratulations
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will check into the anti-alias issue. I don't use Linux so I'm not sure what to do about that.

Thanks again,
    Randy

In the desert...

Smile Re: My new website

Quote Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
    I have updated my website and invite your comments. The address is www.quietlight.us. In the interest of full disclosure, not all of these images were created in large format. Many were, but not all.

Anyway, please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Randy
    Nice photos Randy, I recognize some of those bars!

Great web site - and photos!

I need to create a web site based on comments I received at an arts festival I was just in. Did you do this yourself? Did you have someone do it for you? Any advice of the best way to go about this process?? I don't consider myself very computer literate (beyond the usual word/excel/powerpoint/CS3 stuff).

Thanks
    Norm

Brandon Allen

Clean and functional. My only critique would be that there is no artist name on the site. A viewer wouldn't know who the photographer is... unless I'm blind and just missed it.

Nice photos, congrats.

When I look at it with a 13-inch laptop the navigation gets cut off. That might be why all the Fortune 500 companies, myspace, facebook, successful websites like that put their consistent navigation on the TOP, lol.

Contact goes to email. Why not just write email so we don't automatically have to wait for our email programs to open and take us away from your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Bell View Post
    Great web site - and photos!

I need to create a web site based on comments I received at an arts festival I was just in. Did you do this yourself? Did you have someone do it for you? Any advice of the best way to go about this process?? I don't consider myself very computer literate (beyond the usual word/excel/powerpoint/CS3 stuff).

Thanks
    Norm
    I used to do this stuff. Here is a throw away, quick and dirty page against simple CSS. The files themselves are at are in "http://carnagepro.com/photo/"

The files are photo.html and photo.css in the same directory:

http://carnagepro.com/files/photo.html

Feel free to take whatever you like. The similar page on the main website has mucho crap from when I cared about cutness.

Thank you for all of your great comments and suggestions!

Dave, unfortunately, I just shot the bars-didn't have time to "enjoy" them...

Norm, thank you! I made this site in photoshop using a plugin called Sitegrinder by media labs. Pretty easy only a little bit involved. Good luck with your site!

Fenderbja, Yeah I guess putting my name on it would make sense...

Frank, yeah I mulled the navigation bit over for a while and in the end I just put it where I thought it looked good but thanks for the nice comments about my images. I hadn't really thought much about having to leave the site to send me an email. I'll take another look at that.

Thank you again everyone!
    Randy