Thread: Seal Product

Seal Product

I just purchased a Seal dry mount press model 210 Commercial from an e-bay aucti on. Calumet no longer carries the Seal temperature indicator strips. I have ha d no luck finding a current phone number for Seal Products. Does anyone know wh ere I can get the temperature strips or have a current phone number for Seal Pro ducts? Thanks.

Seal Product

Paul:

You might want to check Seal's website at http://www.sealbrands.com/websites/sealbrands/HWMN.nsf/Seal+Main? OpenFrameSet.

I use an old Seal mounting press and I have found it much quicker and easier to use a meat thermometer than to use those temp indicator strips. Just lay the probe of the thermometer onto the pad of the press and let the platen rest on the probe. You'll get a temp reading that is plenty accurate for setting the thermostat on the press.

Seal Product

Paul, From the current Seal Products catalog: Seal Products, Inc., 550 Spring St., Naugatuck, CT 06770-9985; telephone: (203) 729-5201. Seal's tech support number is 888-240-6021. Good luck.

Seal Product

Paul you can also get them from Light Impressions.

Seal Product

Thank you all. I have gotten myself not just a meat thermometer, but a gourmet cooking thermometer that goes to 220 F. I talked to a tech at the Seal "Tech Line" and he indicated that the cooking thermometer was fine for calibrating the unit. Seal no longer makes the temperature strips, but other companies do.