Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Color to black and white conversion in Photoshop - best way?

Re: Color to black and white conversion in Photoshop - best way?

I agree, the introduction of the B&W image adjustment has superseded most earlier methods. Most of them are working similarly, but the level of control now is much greater. You can also use it locally, differently, with masks on the adjustment layers Sandy recommends. Noise is till an issue, but careful monitoring at 100% will keep you on top of that..
    Tyler

Here is a very long tutorial I wrote a while back on making B&W conversions using several different methods, and including pictures. You may need to create a logon to see it.

http://www.lightcafe.net/forums/view...php?f=31&t=332

Well that was quite a head spinner, but then I knew that someone asking that question was going to get more answers then one could imagine. Too bad the PS B&W Button hasn't been invented yet to provide the absolute best conversion available. Maybe in PS "Imagine" Ver XS 9.2 circa 2025 (tongue in cheek). I'd like to say thanks for the insights on a topic that I and probably many of us have been intrigued with. Now I will certainly carry that extra film holder loaded with b&w, or conversely color material. Maybe this topic tho should be a new Large Format How to Series with print and file instructions. Just reading some of the responses was too much info in a short space. I think a progressive, Do This, Do This Next online manual on all b&w color conversion disciplines would be the cat's meow for so many of us.

Hello everyone, I am looking for inkjet printer. There are so many printer models that are on display in computer stores and on manufacturer sites. I want to know when (the year) a particular inkjet model was placed on the market so that I can only select from the more recent models. How would you know when (the year) an inkjet printer was placed on the market?