Thread: Pictures Of Your Ugliest Lens, That You Actually Use

Pictures Of Your Ugliest Lens, That You Actually Use

And maybe an image made by the lens, too. Thought this might be kind of fun. There are some really beautiful lenses whose owners are justly proud of. But what about that old beater that you find a use for now and then, that still gives good images, even if only for certain limited purposes? Here's one I got recently and have been using a fair amount:

The aperture scale plate and screws were missing. I asked myself if I was likely to try to mount a different lens on this shutter, and the answer was "No". So I borrowed a little bottle of white enamel paint that my younger son uses to paint his plastic models and scrounged around for the smallest spotting brush I could find. I guess I should have practiced painting tiny lines and numbers before going to work on the bottom rim of the shutter. But what the hey, it's ugly anyway, right? Please don't laugh too hard. I used my T-R triple with almost the same focal length to measure the iris diaphragm openings between the two lenses. The scale probably isn't super accurate, but it's not like I'm working with a highly accurate calibrated shutter.

I posted a couple of images made by this lens in the Paper Negatives thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...l=1#post882602

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Re: Pictures Of Your Ugliest Lens, That You Actually Use

cool thread, i have several beaters, when i get home i will have to post one or two
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"