Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody Buying 7x11?

multiplex

Re: Anybody Buying 7x11?

ive been using a 11x7 in-camaera-cropping-device
    to shoot portraits with a 14x11 camera i use.
    i was lucky to find a back and some holders for the format recently ...
    not sure if either of these count .. but just the same its a nice format...

counts with me John a great use of the 11x14 format IMHO.
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles

Quote Originally Posted by Kerik Kouklis View Post
    Richard how many formats do you have these days?
    Lost count.

The cameras both the LF & ULF rails are of a design that I can custom build it to any size you want. Just supply a film holder. Down the road you want to change format size that can easy be done. No need to buy a whole new camera.

I am working on a 20 x 24 camera when set up will have 2.2 meters around 90 inches of bellows and can be broken down to a camera with 50 inches of bellows. With 4 backs from 20 x 24 to 11 x 14. I will post photos when done.
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Quote Originally Posted by Richard K. View Post
    My psychiatrist (my wife) views this as a good thing! How many formats are you up/down to? Have they opened a Tim Horton'sİ down there yet?
    Nope, no TH's yet! I've simplified my life. 8x10 (and the occaisional 11x14 or 14x17) for wet plate and 14x17 for film. The 7x17 and 12x20 have been gone for a couple of years now. Don't miss them a bit, but they were fun while I had them.
    Kerik Kouklis
    www.kerik.com
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Believe it or not Kerik but I'm also simplifying my wife. er. life. I just want to be sure what I simplify it down to! I'm 99.99999% sure that WP and 7x11 will be keepers and that a year from now I'll be bi-formatual. Also fairly sure that after the self-imposed one year useage period, one or both of 8x20, 14x17 will be sold, with an small chance of keeping the 14x17 for special projects. I'm pretty sure, after trying 8x16 and 7x17 that I don't really see that well panoramically (everything that "I" photograph just looks like a horizontal slice of something better and more interesting to me!) but I'll give the 8x20 one last try. I honestly would be more than happy with just the first two totally groovy formats!

BTW I wish there was something I could do about the depressing dire doughnut dearth you are enduring but Tim Horton's has specific corporate rules about giving Californians, who already enjoy one, too sweet a life...
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerik Kouklis View Post
    The 7x17 and 12x20 have been gone for a couple of years now. Don't miss them a bit, but they were fun while I had them.
    Interesting! Not interested or not seeing in pano anymore? Or has the need for simplicity driven them out? But why the pano formats?
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

I shot 95% 7x17 for almost 10 years. That was enough. Not to say I'll never do it again, just no real interest right now or for the last few years. A few thousand 7x17 negs was enough :-) Once I got heavily into 14x17, 7x17 was just too small. Then, when wet plate took over about 4 years ago, I found 8x10 to be my wheelhouse for that process.
    Kerik Kouklis
    www.kerik.com
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion