Thread: Hello from CT/APUG!

Hello from CT/APUG!

Hello everyone. I'm in CT and I come from APUG. Why? Well, I want to venture into LF. So far I've decided on a Zone VI 4x5 with a Schneider 110mm and 210mm (and a Sekonic L-508). I'm saving up for it, so I should hopefully be able to finally take the plunge in January.

I'm currently a high school student and avid 35mm shooter (which isn't going to change anytime soon :P ). I love film, and I hope I'll love 4x5.

This website looks like an extremely useful resource.

Jazz

Re: Hello from CT/APUG!

You can wait til January? Get stuck in now! Borrow a camera!

Hello back from a fellow apugger and a fellow CT resident.
    Tim

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Confidently Agnostic!

You could also buy a couple of film holders & a cigar box and make a pinhole camera to mess with in the meantime if you want to play with LF film. I used black felt to line the edges of the film holder side, and use rubber bands to secure the film holder up against the back of the camera, on mine.

Lots of ideas over at f295.org, though once you see how the film holder works construction of a simple box pinhole camera should present itself to you pretty quickly (ultra wide / short focal length is better, in terms of image sharpness).

tim810

Where In CT? There are occasional outings in CT that would be a great way for you to see the process and use a camera. I am always willing to go shooting if I have time.

Tim

Welcome from a sometimes MA resident

Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    You could also buy a couple of film holders & a cigar box and make a pinhole camera to mess with in the meantime if you want to play with LF film. I used black felt to line the edges of the film holder side, and use rubber bands to secure the film holder up against the back of the camera, on mine.

Lots of ideas over at f295.org, though once you see how the film holder works construction of a simple box pinhole camera should present itself to you pretty quickly (ultra wide / short focal length is better, in terms of image sharpness).
    This is a very good idea on getting into large format.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.