Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10x8 film delivered to LA hotel

Re: 10x8 film delivered to LA hotel

Check out www.ultrafineonline.com for Fuji sheet film. I know they have a sale on 8x10 Astia 100F and Velvia 100F They are in the LA area.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I'm not certain but if you order and pay for film abroad, you might be able to pick it up in California without paying the sales tax. It could be worth looking in to.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by 747sp View Post
    i am going to be in LA next week and would like to get some 10x8 (or even 8x10) film delivered to the hotel i am staying at - I am assuming it is cheaper in the states - most things are...does anyone know a good online retailer to order it from? Thanks...
    I've done this before. It's both easier and harder than it sounds. Do call the hotel, do speak to the manager (day or night manger -- find out when your shipper of choice tends to deliver to that particular hotel), do let him/her know what you are going to do, what's in the package, when it's supposed to arrive, all that. Otherwise it might get tossed into a storage closet somewhere and never be seen again. Also, do put your confirmation number on the outside of the box -- so they can look it up and see that you are in fact an arriving guest. Add the words "Hold for Arrival on xx-xxx-2008" to the outside of the box too.

When I've done this I used Badger Graphic. Jeff (their LF guy) is very easy to deal with and Badger is happy to work with you to get the film where you want it on the day that you want it there. Badger is one of the big Fuji film importers in the USA also, just so you'll know.

Good luck and have a fun visit.

Bruce Watson

Richard M. Coda

Call Rod Klukas at Photomark in Phoenix... (800) 777-6627

www.photomark.com
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Samy's and Calumet rarely have 8x10 in stock. You should definitely order it in advance.

B&H will not ship to a hotel/motel. It is clearly stated on their website. On long trips back when I only shot film commercially. I always used Freestyle or Calumet for motel/hotel shipping.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Kirk, I read the B&H wedsite, and it says they will not deliver online orders to hotels and to call them. I wonder if they will ship phone orders to hotels.

It might be to avoid shipping to non-billing addresses and getting ripped off.

Vaughn

You could just go to freestyle's store. It's on Sunset Blvd. near Normandie (I think it's just east of Normandie. It's on the south side of the street). It's a nice little store.
    -Chris

Thanks guys - all ordered from Badger Graphic and have spoken to the hotel who have even offered to put the package in the fridge when it arrives.

As an aside does anyone know why Fuji dont make a C Version of 160 at 8x10 size - i think i much prefer it for landscapes over S when comparing similar photographs that have come out of my RB67.