Thread: Elevator Opens New Gallery "Dylan Ellis Gallery"

Elevator Opens New Gallery "Dylan Ellis Gallery"

Dylan Ellis Gallery
    Thursday, October 16, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.

This new gallery at our space in Leaside marks the beginning of an even greater commitment to making and selling photography at Elevator. This very special gallery will honour the work of world-renowned photographers who are committed to their craft and to the process of photography.

The inaugural opening on Thursday, October 16 will showcase the work of British photographer Joe Cornish. Cornish is known for his large format landscapes.

Working mainly with 4x5 cameras, his images have been featured in many photography magazines, including Outdoor Photography. He has also authored several books of his images, teaches landscape photography, and owns two public galleries in Britain.

Three additional bodies of photographic works will be showcased on that evening; Colours of Venice by Joanne deBoehmler, B&W works by Denis Lalonde, and 'Beaucoup de fromage' Images of Paris by Kevin Viner.

This gallery will also honour the young man for whom it is named. Dylan Ellis was an integral member of the Elevator team for several years and he knew what it meant to take a good picture, and to make an even better print. We have missed Dylan immensely since his death in June; not only for the wonderful person he was, but too for the contribution he made to our work and the talent, energy and care he put into every job.

With this gallery we honour not just his memory, but all that he would have contributed to the world - the photographic world and beyond. Opening Thursday, October 16, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.

A pdf can be downloaded here: http://elevatordigital.ca/Openinginvite.pdf

Re: Elevator Opens New Gallery "Dylan Ellis Gallery"

Bob, all best wishes on the opening... with all that Elevator contributes to learning and valuing photography, I hope this new endeavor attracts the same attention and realizes the same success as your other efforts have done.

I've sent a copy of this announcement to the folks I work with in Markham, and they'll certainly let me know if they're able to get to the opening. Hope it's a wonderful event!