Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How are your ART sales this year?

Re: How are your ART sales this year?

Robert I do some facebook. I'm actually not very good at marketing my personal work in an ongoing way, but I show allot and promote the shows. I'm working on like my 90th exhibit-no art fairs or such, just museums mainly and some galleries and public institutions.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Wow just got word that 10 of my prints have sold so far at the ABQ Museum's "Miniatures and More" show with 5 days to go. A personal record for me at this venue. People are spending money. Who would have thought. http://albuquerquemuseum.org/support/miniatures-more
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    ...for the honeymoon so lots of planing.
    I assume "planing" is some kind of facial retooling to look younger. I can appreciate that. (Congratulations)

Being nothing more than derivative, even peanuts are out of the question for me. But I did just gift two 20x24's to very dear friends. Sales being unnecessary for my survival, I feel pretty good about that.

I do two and three day shows during the winter months in Florida. This is my fifth year and I do about a dozen a year. I try to stick with the higher caliber shows like Coconut Grove, Naples National, etc. I can tell you that getting accepted to these shows especially for photography is getting harder each year. With the advances in digital and people looking for ways to supplement their income and with printing on canvas and it's acceptance by the public things are getting tougher. I went to a Jury preview for the Artfest Fort Myers show and I was blown away by the amount of applicants in photography for this mid level show. There must have been about 125 people vying for about thirty spots (30 photographers in a show is part of the problem too) and half of them looked pretty damn good on the computer screen the judges view on.

With that said, my presentation and work has gotten better each year but my sales at these shows has not gone up much. I have some really good shows and once in a while one where I don't make a lot more than expenses.

With the new digital cameras even the patrons think they can duplicate your work, they all want to know the location of each image so they can go make their own image. Or they just whip out their digital and take a picture of one of my finished pieces. Why buy it when you can have it for free???

OK, stepping down from my soap box...

www.timeandlight.com

Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Being nothing more than derivative, even peanuts are out of the question for me. But I did just gift two 20x24's to very dear friends. Sales being unnecessary for my survival, I feel pretty good about that.
    You did better than me! Tried to give my buddy two 11x14's from the John Muir Trail and he wouldn't take them. He did the trip with me too! I'm going to have to start printing beer labels for my other buddy, maybe those will sell. Especially since the beer he makes is good stuff.