Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Belarus

Hello from Belarus

Hello from Belarus

My name is Mikhail, I live in town of Vitebsk, Belarus.
    I am photographer enthusiast. My favorite genres are generic nature, architecture, portrait (children in particular)... Till now I have been using DSLRs (I have Nikon D70, Nikon D300 and 10 lenses). I like all my cameras and lenses, but I want better image quality for landscape and architecture photography.
    So I decided to purcahes large format gears. Now I am thinking over which ones to bye. I hope this site with its very informative articles and friendly forums help me to make a right decision.

Thank you, Mikhail.

Re: Hello from Belarus

Welcome to the forum...you'll get good advice and the search engine here is pretty good for researching cameras and such.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Welcome aboard Mikhail
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Small town, South Carolina, US

Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    Hello from Belarus

My name is Mikhail, I live in town of Vitebsk, Belarus.
    I am photographer enthusiast. My favorite genres are generic nature, architecture, portrait (children in particular)... Till now I have been using DSLRs (I have Nikon D70, Nikon D300 and 10 lenses). I like all my cameras and lenses, but I want better image quality for landscape and architecture photography.
    So I decided to purcahes large format gears. Now I am thinking over which ones to bye. I hope this site with its very informative articles and friendly forums help me to make a right decision.

Thank you, Mikhail.

Small town, South Carolina, US

Hello Mikhail, my wife is from Minsk, Belarus. I go to Belarus usually every few years to visit with her family. I plan to be there for a few weeks this summer (2009.)

I was last there in the fall of 2005 and went on a day trip to Vitebsk one day with my mother in law (who grew up there and left as a young woman ahead of the German army when it came through headed towards Moscow) and her son and also my stepson. I still regret not having taken a photo from the tower at the old city hall/museum. There are a lot of architecture sites and other scenic sites there in and around Vitebsk - a very old city. It was once the most important city in Belarus as you know very well. Hope to go back to Vitebsk some day to spend more time.

Mir, Mikhail! Welcome!!
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Welcome to group therepy!

welcome to the forum Mikhail.
    You will find plenty information on the forum homepage articles to get you started.
    Héctor Navarro Agraz

Many thanks all of you.

Mikhail.

Vitaj!

Mikhail, I hope you find a lot of good information here. The search engine sometimes will return a lot of odd entries, but I have found that doing a google search on specific phrases gets a lot of good info out of the older threads.

Also, the information at www.largeformatphotography.info is quite good.

I am just getting started in LF, too.

Adam