Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Novoflex 4 leg tripod system at Photokina

Re: New Novoflex 4 leg tripod system at Photokina

46. Another example of the need to read-between-the-lines on NF's site is this: Apparently, though they don't simply outright say it, the BalPro T/S functions only in parallel, meaning the Tilt and Shift functions cannot operate perpendicular to each-other. IOW the Tilt cannot turn up or down while the shift moves left and right, or vice-versa.

There's also the oddity that is the PROshift+... why add a shift-function to a shifting bellows? Even more shifting, perhaps? Again, reading between the lines... I assume the PROshift+ can be attached to allow the aforementioned lacking perpendicular action: While the Tilt function and the bellows-shifting may only operate in the same plane as the bellows-rail (turning away from the railing as a derailed-train {a unique pun} when tilting and shifting to either side of the rail like a passing-train when shifting) ...the PRO-shift can operate perpendicular to that plane (like an elevator for the camera--raising or lowering it above or below the level of the bellows-rail)... is this so? All the pictures of the proshift show motion left or right of the rail, but they do reveal the camera can be mounted in portrait-mode to the PROshift+.

47. I've read elsewhere that the BalPro T/S bellows is rain-proof. NF makes no mention of this on their site. It could be paper for all they say. So what is the material, construction and weather-resistance of the bellows unit? For that matter, the NF lenses--in being permanently mounted--are they weather sealed?

The rest of the question and answer will be done by Pune calls to make them the most efficient and the least intrusive to others. 800 735-4373. I will be back in the office Tuesday.

'Intrusive to others' is a strikingly odd thing to say... this is exactly the information for which this forum (in fact this very thread) is in-place. Surely we are not monopolizing the conversation by utilizing a post last updated a year ago. And surely anyone with the interest to have read through all the previous hypothetical questions, dead-ends and bickering is interested enough to continue now that real answers are being delivered.

Your answers benefit anyone and everyone interested in these products. Certainly I'll be posting whatever additional answers I receive (whether by phone, another source, or my continued investigation) here. As I've already said, this is about the only source for supplemental (to the NF site) English-language info on the web regarding the Novoflex products.

But regardless I look forward to speaking with you Tuesday, then.

Can we have an update? Who's using this system and what are the advantages to you? I wonder about raising the height of the tripod when a center column is not used as there's more work in adjusting 4 legs as opposed to 3. I'm interested in lack of vibration. If a 4th leg could quench that, it would be worth the extra trouble.

Asher

Les

Hmmm, 10 pages and so far I heard no stats as to the weight of this 4-legged support. The Novoflex link (in one of the posts) didn't show it either. Did I missed it ?...or they are keeping this info hush hush ?

Les

Depends on which leg set (carbon, aluminum, walking sticks or table top sticks or a combination of them). The carbon and the aluminum leg sets are avaiable in 3 and 4 section versions. It also depends on which top plate you get. One with or without a center column.

Basically a carbon set of 4 legs and a top base weighs 5.5 pounds and the aluminum leg set with the same top base is a pound heavier.
    With the Walking Stick leg set about a pound lighter.

You can download specifications here:

http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/...pod-brochures/