Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Linhof Techno press release

New Linhof Techno press release

Following is the official press release on the new Techno camera introduced last week at Photokina. We will try to show it in two weeks at PhotoPlus in New York. Cameras should be available in the second quarter of 2009.

LINHOF TECHNO – THE NEW SUPER PRECISION HIGH-TECH CAMERA
    FOR DIGITAL OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY.
    The Linhof tradition of more than 120 years in developing and manufacturing professonal precision camera systems is now continued by another innovative product designed for digital outdoor photography - without compromizes. The Linhof TECHNO is the ideal combination of the advantages of the legendary field system TECHNIKA and the universal studio system M 679 optimized for digital photography.
    The TECHNO is a compact hightech camera offering all practical adjustment facilities for extreme short to longer focal lenses. All currently available digital backs can be adapted. The user is always free to select his favourite digital system. The generous adjustment facilities even cover following generations of chip backs. This new design is based on the needs and experiences of the photographer with special emphasis to architectural photography. This means: shift facilities, use of wide angle lenses starting with 23 mm focal length, perfect control of vertical orientation.
    The results: 40 mm of self-aligning vertical shift with exact parallel control. Zero clickstops which can be engaged whenever needed. Spirit levels at lens standard and rear standard for precicise vertical orientation. A special wide angle bellows for extremely easy adjustments. The self-aligning focusing is operated via the the camera bellows extension and not via a helicoid system of the lens. This permits large extensions up to 240 mm which is a prerequisite for long focal lenses. This is a camera for landscapes as well as for close-ups. By turning and levelling of the lens creative depth-of-field results can be achieved. All operating elements are ergonomically placed and manufactured in Linhof precision quality. Scales showing millimeters and degrees permit exact control of the adjustments.
    Lenses:
    All lenses in mechanical or electronic shutter systems mounted on the proven Technika lensboards can be used. We recommend the latest digital lens developments from 23 mm to 210 mm.
    System accessories:
    The M 679 professional compendium can be adapted to the accessory shoe. The lens standard is compatible with the existing components of the Linhof M 679, such as viewing aids, adapter system and universal rapid change adapter slide. Good news also for the classic rollfilm photography: The following rollfilm backs can be adapted to the Linhof TECHNO: Mamiya RB, Horseman, Linhof Rapid Rollex and special Linhof Super Rollex cassettes 6 x 9 cm. This new Linhof camera is a real eye catcher. An aesthetic beauty of sturdy light alloy combined with carbon fibre.

Re: New Linhof Techno press release

Sweet.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Thanks Bob! Very nice indeed. Any idea on pricing?

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Bob,

I have a few questions:

1. With wide angle lenses like the 28mm and the new 23mm, won't the camera bed intrude into the picture area? How much vertical movement is possible before encountering this problem?

2. The back has vertical movements only. I understand that the universal rapid
    change adapter slide is to be used when horizontal back shifts are required. But wouldn't that move the film plane away by an inch or so? In that case, the 23mm might become unusable?

3. By Horseman backs do you mean the 6x9 or 4x5 versions?

4. Pricing?

Thanks,
    Kumar

Great to see. This is 2kg less than my Technikardan 23s and looks like it would be perfect for me. A great pity that I'm unlikely to be able to afford it...

Bob, it looks like Linhof will use the 679 system as the standard for these smaller cameras from now on. Does this mean the end of the Technikardan/Technika 23 back standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Moat View Post
    Thanks Bob! Very nice indeed. Any idea on pricing?

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography
    Pricing was quoted to us at Photokina as being less then the M679cs. Sorry that isn't as helpful as you might like since $1.00 less would make it "less then the M679cs" but it can not be pegged at this time as the final production cameras have not been made so actual costs to manufacture could change when the production begins and no one knows what the $ will be worth when the cameras become available next year.

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Bob,

"I have a few questions:

1. With wide angle lenses like the 28mm and the new 23mm, won't the camera bed intrude into the picture area? How much vertical movement is possible before encountering this problem?"

No. The bed is a triple extension so when at the infinity position with a 23 or 28mm the bed is out of the way. One interesting point was that the new Rodenstock 23mm and the current Rodenstock 28mm are used with a flat board while the 24mm and 28mm Schneiders need a recessed boards.

"2. The back has vertical movements only. I understand that the universal rapid
    change adapter slide is to be used when horizontal back shifts are required. But wouldn't that move the film plane away by an inch or so? In that case, the 23mm might become unusable?"

No the 23mm is fully useable with the sliding backs. These backs are no deeper then the Universal back for the camera.

"3. By Horseman backs do you mean the 6x9 or 4x5 versions?"

6x9 Graflock type backs. It also accepts a Linhof Super Rollex back with a special adapter.

"4. Pricing?"
    See my previous answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg View Post
    Great to see. This is 2kg less than my Technikardan 23s and looks like it would be perfect for me. A great pity that I'm unlikely to be able to afford it...

Bob, it looks like Linhof will use the 679 system as the standard for these smaller cameras from now on. Does this mean the end of the Technikardan/Technika 23 back standard?
    Not at all. It simply means that since the accessories for the M679 system exist that the Techno also accepts them.

[QUOTE=Bob Salomon - HP Marketing;397975]Following is the official press release on the new Techno camera introduced last week at Photokina. We will try to show it in two weeks at PhotoPlus in New York. Cameras should be available in the second quarter of 2009.

Hi Bob

Very good news from Linhof and Arca. New products to drive development and competition, alsi it good see continous development in large format with one eye to the future "DigitiaL"

Do you a full technical spec on this camera. I.e Front and back shidt, rise and what type of tilt, and if on both standards, also swings etc..

[QUOTE=more photography;398577]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Following is the official press release on the new Techno camera introduced last week at Photokina. We will try to show it in two weeks at PhotoPlus in New York. Cameras should be available in the second quarter of 2009.

Hi Bob

Very good news from Linhof and Arca. New products to drive development and competition, alsi it good see continous development in large format with one eye to the future "DigitiaL"

Do you a full technical spec on this camera. I.e Front and back shidt, rise and what type of tilt, and if on both standards, also swings etc..
    TECHNICAL DATA LINHOF TECHNO
    Camera dimensions in basic position
    Height: 197 mm
    Width: 176 mm
    Length: 120 mm
    Weight ab. 1900 g
    Maximum camera extension 240 mm
    Minimum camera extension with recessed lensboard: 20 mm
    Front standard
    Horizontal parallel shift 10 mm left, 10 mm right
    Vertical parallel shift 20 mm up
    Swing ±10°