Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Change Announcement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Forum Change Announcement

Our experiment with an unmoderated, any-topic-goes Lounge has largely failed. After a lot of discussion among the moderators, we've concluded that it is in the best long-term interest of the forum to "outlaw" discussions of politics and religion, either as thread starters or within posts/responses, anywhere on the forum, including the Lounge. The Lounge will remain for discussions on non-LF, but preferably photography-related, discussions and general socializing. Also, just to be clear, the same standards of behavior described in the guidelines will apply to The Lounge.

Depending on the nature of the post, members who violate the no-politics/religion rule anywhere on the forum will be warned, and the post/thread deleted. Repeated violations will result in suspension of that person's posting privileges, potentially on a permanent basis, at the discretion of the moderators.

Additionally, it appears that several members have registered multiple user IDs, at least in part to augment Lounge discussions or positions elsewhere on the forum. Multiple-ID registrations will not be tolerated and persons found to have done so, and continue to use them, will be permanently banned at the discretion of the moderators. If you have one or more secondary IDs not approved by the moderators in advance, let us know immediately so we can close the secondary accounts without penalty.

--The Moderator Team

Re: Forum Change Announcement

What? That is silly.
    ---

This is the one place that I have found frank, informative, and relatively low key discussions of a wide array of topics. This is a simple case of if you don't want to read you don't have to. I was an active forum participant before I even knew what was being discussed in the lounge.

No need to play censor, this is not china, or I hope its not.
    Last edited by willwilson; 24-Sep-2008 at 14:42. Reason: needed to add some things.
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Too bad about the Lounge... I thought it was a success, in as much as it had "spirited" participation and kept the other forums more religion/politics free.

I may have another account, but I'm not sure. A couple of years ago, I left my account logged in from he high school, and one (or more) of my students changed my user name to "William Mortenson". (Yep, we'd just covered the Adams/Mortenson thing...) Some of my old posts are still under that name, while newer ones are under my name, but I think they're all on one account. Gotta love high school kids...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Oh well, It's not like there's anything worth discussing going on politically these days.
    I'm sure people will be on their best behavior and if not the forum will benefit greatly from losing many of it's most entertaining members.

Wow, that is disappointing.

But photography IS a religious experience, especially when the imagery pushes political boundaries.

So much for me lounging. HA!
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

3d Visual Effects artist

me personally, I come to a photography forum to read and discuss photography. I turned the lounge off, and enjoyed the forum much better
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

[B]THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU !

BILL

There are plenty of other places for people to share ideas about politics and religion.

I respect the decision of the team.

Shouldn't this be posted in the "Lounge". I know that some of those guys don't ever come up here for fresh air.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.