Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Texas Alt Photo (and anything else) Shindig

Re: 2008 Texas Alt Photo (and anything else) Shindig

My plans to participate Friday just came to a screeching halt by the incursion of work into my life! I now will be out of town all next week not returning until Friday night. But I intend to be there all day Saturday and Sunday (if there are any outings or activities planned for Sunday).

I would like to connect up with a group shooting on Saturday morning, and will leave Houston very early in the morning to do so, but I would need to know specifically where i would be headed and roughly what time people plan to assemble. So if someone could include me in any email or arrangements (through Wayne [Venchka] would be fine) then I'll be there.

I did not see any specific mention of any activities or outings on Sunday, but in the absence of anything planned, I intend to stay until evening and do some shooting, if anyone else is interested.

Glad you will be able to make it.

I plan on spending sat morning setting up for the wet plate demo and doing any last minute stuff. Will likely be shooting wet plate around the house though.

Sunday, would definitely like to go shooting somewhere, not sure where though. We can figure out some options on sat during the get together.

Clay

Matt,

I am still planning on day-tripping it over on Saturday from Houston with a very early exit from here on Saturday. Anyone else wanting to do some ride sharing from Houston can get in touch with me also.

glad you are still gonna be able to make it Clay. Looking forward to catching up.

Can't wait to meet everyone.
    I'm just pissed I can't stick around too long.
    Matt, my chemistry is all a go and I get to play more this Sunday.
    I have the dark box that works with the truck and I'll try to squeeze the other portable box into there as well. I might get there early and start playing around....

Wow, looks like this will be filled with some good people and lots to see and talk about.

Clay, look forward to visiting with you again.

Scott, really looking forward to watching the wetplate process - Thanks for doing this.
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles

Quote Originally Posted by wclavey View Post
    I would like to connect up with a group shooting on Saturday morning, and will leave Houston very early in the morning to do so, but I would need to know specifically where i would be headed and roughly what time people plan to assemble. So if someone could include me in any email or arrangements (through Wayne [Venchka] would be fine) then I'll be there.

I did not see any specific mention of any activities or outings on Sunday, but in the absence of anything planned, I intend to stay until evening and do some shooting, if anyone else is interested.
    Nothing planned for Saturday morning, but if Matt does not need any extra help getting things set up I could be talked into spending part of the morning over at Guadalupe River State Park or in the area below Canyon Lake dam (it washed out during a flood in 2002). Both are near by, so we can expose some film and still head back around noon. NOTE: I have not been to either location, but do plan to go to GRSP on Friday so will have a better idea of what it will be like. If interested, send me and PM or email and we can work something out as far as a place to meet, etc.
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles

Just a bit of an update for all those coming to the shindig.

A local Austin wet plate shooter, Mark Hall, has generously offered to loan me his portable wet plate dark box so, Scott Schroeder and myself will both have portable darkboxes/rooms to demo Wet Plate on Sat morning. Scott has to leave around 1pm so we will more than likely be setting up and pouring some from 11am +/- til 1pm-ish.
    I will be there at the house all morning, prepping for people showing up, setting up the wet plate stuff, etc.
    So if people who'd like to see the collodion process can show up around 11:30am +/- I think we'll be geared up and ready pour.

The BBQ/food will be getting picked up around 130pm, so food will be ready there around 2pm-ish.
    I've estimated around 25 people.
    If possible can people reply to this post so that I can get an idea on numbers of people definitely planning on coming.
    Thanks.

Remember to bring...
    - any beverages you might like to consume (theres a couple convenience stores on the way to the house)
    - a lawn chair if you can manage it
    - $10 for the food funding
    - prints (any and ALL types - GASP - even digital prints if you'd like) to share
    - and most importantly, bright and shining self, ready to enjoy some good company, good conversation, good BBQ, and perhaps some adult beverages.

In case people get lost and need someone to direct them to the house I can be reached at my cell phone (512 565 6691) or if that doesnt work the house land line (830 935 2797)

Again heres some info on directions and such:
    http://www.matthewmagruder.com/txaltget_webpage/

Hope to see everyone in a few days.

Relly wish I could attend,but i'm in China,too far away from Texas.
    I want to know everyone! Have a nice day!

paul

David Vickery

Hello,
    Well drat, but I can't be there. I was looking forward to meeting fellow Large format photographers from Texas but events have conspired against me and I will not be able to.
    Judging from what I have seen online, Texas has some excellent craftspeople who are doing the kind of work that I find most interesting. So, maybe next time.
    I hope you all have a lot of fun!
    David
    Sudek ambled across my mind one day and took his picture. Only he knows where it is.
    David Vickery